The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to start planning my trip NOW for this!!!

can anyone give me the 411 on hotels nearby or what are the arraignments for such? what airport is best to fly into. looks like San Fran is the closest major airport. I need to figure out how im getting from the airport to the venue/hotel etc.

Zc

you definitely want to fly into SFO. Regarding transportation, I suggest you book a hotel within walking distance to the venue, and take supershuttle to and from the airport. See www.supershuttle.com

Price is around $17 each way, and there are coupons around. So you want to google "super shuttle coupon"

you will be at the Marina district where many bars and restaurants are located.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the burning amp site. is it at the same place as last year? I thought it moved to Fort Mason...which appears to be on the other side of the bridge? I am trying to figure out which cheap hotels are near there. San fran may be a walking city but im not much of a walking person LOL!

I have been looking at the burning amp site. is it at the same place as last year? I thought it moved to Fort Mason...which appears to be on the other side of the bridge? I am trying to figure out which cheap hotels are near there. San fran may be a walking city but im not much of a walking person LOL!

Here is some info for you: BAF this year will be at Fort Mason. That is the location of the first BAF we organized, only this time we will have several rooms instead of one big one. Fort Mason is located at the very north tip of the San Francisco in the vicinity of the Golden Gate Bridge. More specific it is between part of town called Marina and Fisherman's Worf. Fisherman's Worf is famous touristic location and port. The closest place to look for accommodations is at Fisherman's Worf or around it. Also, for bargain hunters there are many hotels along Lombard street. Personally, I would not stay there since Lombard is very noisy and busy street, as well as famous spot for youngsters on the weekends that are visiting all the bars and restaurants. For the ones looking for the night life, dining, as well as for shopping, two streets parallel and next to Lombard are Chestnut and Union. These hotels along Lombard are perfectly safe, just not the best of accommodation and for quiet time. Fisherman Worf has few hotels that are not that expensive as well as much quieter. That would be the closest. Otherwise if you stay anywhere in San Francisco, you will not be too far. The peninsula is relatively very small so attending from any part of the town will not take you too long.Also traffic is breeze comparing to any other major bigger city so if you are taking cab you could make it in less than 20 min from the furthest point of peninsula.

If you are after best hotels, than Russian Hill and Downtown will give you just that, but be prepared to pay from $ 500 and above per night. Public transportation works perfectly and it will take you anywhere you want to go, cabs are fine just not there exactly when you need them. Weather vise, by the end of October it starts to be cold at nights, but sunny and mildly warm during the day. I hope this helps.

That's some good info right there thank you!

Now this fort mason. is that the "Fort Mason Center" ?? Fort Mason Center, San Francisco ?? I am looking at google maps and i see where that is. I have been to San Fran once but was being "toured" by a relative. So I remember seeing the Ghiridelli building and fishermans wharf and pier 39 etc but that is about it.

I see there is a Hostel right there next to it. I have never stayed in a hostel but how bad could it be for one night? its dirt cheap too. Looking a bit farther out i found several hotels for around $100-120 a night. so that's not so bad either.

That's some good info right there thank you!

Now this fort mason. is that the "Fort Mason Center" ?? Fort Mason Center, San Francisco ?? I am looking at google maps and i see where that is. I have been to San Fran once but was being "toured" by a relative. So I remember seeing the Ghiridelli building and fishermans wharf and pier 39 etc but that is about it.

I see there is a Hostel right there next to it. I have never stayed in a hostel but how bad could it be for one night? its dirt cheap too. Looking a bit farther out i found several hotels for around $100-120 a night. so that's not so bad either.

Yes that is it, Fort Mason Center. Regarding hostel, I do not think I could tell you much about it. Where is that that further location for the hotels?

The hostel is a couple hundred feet away from the Ft mason festival pavilion, art fair and childrens theater according to the map. San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel - San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel - Features

according to the website, rooms at the hostel are set up with 4beds, 8beds, 10 beds and 24 beds and priced from $48 to $56 accordingly. cheaper the more people in one room. and include breakfast. single (private rooms) are $160 a night.

so if you need dirt cheap and don't mind camping in a room with other people.... it's half price of the cheapest hotel around there and right on the grounds basically!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
anyway - while I'm at it ...... I see few odds here and there ( maybe slips more than odds ) :

- The First Annual Burning Amp Festival will be held .... (where page)

-We are looking forward to see you at the Burning Amp 2009! (reg page)

seems that boyz were lazy , so you don't have BAF 2009 gallery

but .... knowing how much you are paid for site ......... everything is even more than perfect :clown:

anyway - while I'm at it ...... I see few odds here and there ( maybe slips more than odds ) :

- The First Annual Burning Amp Festival will be held .... (where page)

-We are looking forward to see you at the Burning Amp 2009! (reg page)

seems that boyz were lazy , so you don't have BAF 2009 gallery

but .... knowing how much you are paid for site ......... everything is even more than perfect :clown:

Proof reading greatly appreciated. Will be fixed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.