The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dviswa said:
Hi AR2,

Saw the schedule you have posted. Did you forget a lunch break or am I missing something. Also a break sometime in the afternoon around 3-4 PM might be nice for a coffee.

I have a DIY Millett Hybrid Headphone amp that I have little use for, maybe it can serve better as a BAF donation. It works well though.

Regards,
Dinesh

Hello Dinesh,

Last year we didn't have official break and everyone was fine. As Variac mentioned, you could make break any time you like. There will be some food on the site, but you could easily drive to downtown Sausalito and pick up something. If you are for something really good my suggestion is Sushi Ran or Fish. If you are up for something simple, Mark and myself tested sandwiches from small grocery store on the hill right before entrance to downtown Sausalito, on the side where is the event. They were great. That will take no time.

As you could see we had a great difficulty building the schedule. The event is one day and we have a lots of participants and very strong program. We even had to overlap Jan's and SY's lecture with demonstrations in order to fit everything. So I would say we have a good problem - too much of a great stuff.

Last year we had a blast and the time went too fast I would say. The weather was great so people enjoyed it greatly by taking breaks on benches by the water. We hope for the same weather this year, and we believe that scenery is even more interesting this year with awesome views.

Stay well

AR2

Variac said:
a few comments:

[snip] As we had last year. there will be free snacks in the Shop sponsored by Elector Magazine: Bagels in the morning with cream cheese and lox, crackers chips cheeses, salsa for snacking. This is a great place to chat with new and old friends.

... and we hope to have sausages grilled outside adjacent to the lower room and shop. Our sausages will be a lot cheaper than their sandwiches..

Mmmm, grilled sausages washed down with beer! :drool:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thanks AR2. YGM too.

Mark. An off topic question I guess. Do you guys bring along shop purchased wine or do guys in our group ( DIY ) also make their own wine ( DIYwine ) ?

SY. What's with plastic wine bottle caps. Are they as reliable as regular cork and are they inexpensive ?

Cheers,
Ashok.

A few highlights before the show:

Very interesting guy Jon Paul from Scientific Conversion, Inc,

http://www.scientificonversion.com/digital_audio.html

will be showing his jitter digital transformers measurement set up. I've seen it live and it is very interesting to see it and compare different digital transformers. If you have a digital transformer and would like to see what is the jitter measurement - bring it in and Jon will be happy to do it for you. You will see how it compares to his superb transformers. I used his digital transformers for S/PDIF upgrade in my Behringer DCX2496 as well as in my Sony CD player and the results are great. Jon is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to digital audio transmission and he will be happy to answer your questions regarding the subject. If you visit his site there are few AES papers that are absolutely great reading.

He was also involved in designing and producing the amazing Sequera tuner and he will bring it with him. You have to see that piece of gear, it is just mind blowing of attention to details and the quality of construction. As a real treat you will be able to see it uncovered.

Great stuff, and we are D day minus 11!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,
If a strong desire to be there was all that was needed, I'd be there. Now I'm really going to miss the action.

Last year the coffee was great! I should know as it's keep me on my feet. The pastries were very good too. Then there were sandwiches (I think) for lunch. All in all, I can't understand why anyone would complain.

Best of all was meeting the many people who did attend. That was truly enjoyable. People will come away with great info, some parts and the ability to meet those who they have posted with.

If you can get there, do it! No regrets.

-Chris

wow

Wow, this has really taken off. I would have gone to this one and the last one (and was there one before that?) except for scheduling difficulties. Keep these going and you will get me there...even if I have not made anything in years.

EDIT- although thinking about it, this would have better to go to when I knew everyone here and they knew me...

AR2 said:

In addition to that a few people asked me about selling some stuff and we are fine with that. There will be a few tables for that. So than we could have some additional tables that are for donations selling and we could have a sign indicating that sale is dedicated for BAF2009.

So if you would like to do some selling for the cose, see me at the show. Thank you all for such a great help, and big thanks to donators.

Would a silent auction work for donated items?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This is Variac talking- I'm using Jan Didden's computer because we are both here at Rocky Mountain Festival in Denver.

The idea of a silent auction crossed our minds and I thank you for reminding us, as it is about the only way to distribute the stuff without wasting too much time. We will quite likely have that , and a drawing for some of the best prizes too, so you don't have to pay to have a chance to get something!

I bumped into Dr Linkwitz and his lovely wife here at the show, and he reaffirmed that he will be our keynote speaker. He says he is thinking about what to say ;)

He will also have a short demo of his Pluto loudspeakers.

Mark

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Like so....

Attachments

• siegfried.jpg
    siegfried.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 503
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.