The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No VLAD-600 piccies ?

I think this is a VLAD-600 but my camera had too much beer

vladimir.jpg

Comeon guy's... some of you, must have noticed the relaxing sound from F4 / dreky :Pumpkin:... Haven't somebody been listning to that for real (no s...) yesterday ??? Really wondering why it's not mentioned anymore until now ??? ;) - It beats the crap out of allmost anything i ever listning too imho... :)

(still wishing that i was there yesterday)

Jesper :D

" ... This may have been the best $20 investment I ever made. Everyone at the event was great. For such a huge main listening room, the sounds were wonderful. I met some really cool people and heard some great equipment. Thanks Stuart, Mark and Vladimir for putting an excellent show. Count me in for the next one. ..."

Dittos to this and more ... I had a wonderful time.

( That Vladimir, moves at the speed of sound, don't he? the picture above says it all ... :D )

( Beer? BEER? ... no one told me there was beer ??? :drink: Man oh man ... Oh well, I had a good time without it. )

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
We had an absolutely fantastic day! Meeting all those people you normally only know by nickname in the flesh!

Great diy equipment, anything you can think off, and somebody has built it, somewhere!

There was a lot of different sounding stuff, but none bad, all of it was really high end in sound.

Then Nelson of course being Santa, and not stopping at working on Mark's F4's with us.

The hospitality of Mark and his wife Maria Elena for having their home turned into a workshop with people sleeping all over the place, thanks a bunch from me and Magura and Anatech.

It was unique and priceless and we definitely have to do it again next year. I'm sure their will be many more pictures to support my feeble prose.

I had the time of my life!

Jan Didden

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Netlist said:
[snip]
Give Jan a hug before he disappears in the SF nightlife or worse, LA or Vegas.:)

/Hugo

After Magura and I finished soldering heaps of mosfets to F4 boards until 05.15 in the morning the day before the show, there wasn't much nightlife left in either of us ;)

But next time we'll drag you over if necessary, Hugo!

Jan Didden

I will most likely try to write more later. I am out on my porch right now enjoying great weather with Alex and recouping after last night. We went to bed somewhere around 2 - 3 AM.

I had a blast and enjoyed every minute these last few days. Everything we did was such a pleasure. Everything we planned was changed but it turned better. We all had more fun that anything. The most beautiful part was that we did it all together. In my case, Alex used my mid and bass for his ribbons, than we used Jan's great error correction amp and Jan's moded Behringer DCX2496.

It was the utmost pleasure seeing the dream team at work. Alex at crossover, Jan by the DCX, Nelson, Magura and Chris at Pumpkin and F4... We had wifes, and kids, we had a whole Brock family of 4! Nelson's son Colin was dispensing Santa's gifts and my son Matia was working hard at the door...

At the show we had around 100 great people that all enjoyed the time. It made me so happy seeing people smile. And everything worked for us. The room, the sound everything came in place.

I know one thing - I definitely do not want to do this again next year...
I want to do it next month

OK. Let me start off by saying that the Burning Amp event was an incredibly enjoyable and memorable experience. The weather was perfect and the traffic was light. What more could you ask for going to SF. The location was right by the water so if your ears got tired you could just step outside, walk to railing by the sea, and watch the sailboats go by. The food and drink was first class. In spite of a healthy dose of chaos, which is required in for such events IMO, the organizers did terrific job of pulling this whole thing off. They were already planning for next year!

So let me say a very, very special and heartfelt thank you to (in no special order) Vladimir, Mark, and Stuart. You guys were (are) incredible.

It was truly wonderful to put faces to names and handles and make new friendships.

For those who weren't there the equipment was amazing from the standpoint of variety. You simply can't imagine the diversity of interests and projects. The forums don't do justice to the projects people are working on. You can only appreciate the scope by being there and talking to people directly. There were amateur and professional attendees, digital and analog electronics, SS and tube stuff in seemingly endless variety, and a large number of very varied speaker systems. One specific class of project that stands out were the three or four individuals who brought serious DSP projects.

The demonstrations were all excellent. Way better than one would expect given the acoustics of the building. All the folks giving presentations deserve a real pump for the amount of themselves that they put into this.

Just a fantastic day. It was great being there with you all. Thank you to everyone and again to the organizers.

Graeme

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
AR2 said:

I know one thing - I definitely do not want to do this again next year...
I want to do it next month

I was smiling and giggling all the time in last few hours ( and most of the day, I confess) .....
but- with this last sentence you make me so serious ...........

this is strongest expression about entire happening I can imagine .........

:worship:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.