The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Speakers with Zaph woofer and Seas DXT tweeter

I demo'ed my "Will Not Die" at BAF 2011, and got a request for the crossover design. Here it is:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The external box dimensions are 13.5" high, 7.5" wide and 8.5" deep. The material is 0.75" thick MDF.

Some further comments and FR graph are at:
WND - a follow up to the LR2 side project - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

I sure had a good time, and would like to thank everyone for the wonderful show.:cloud9:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

When do depart for your return home? .....

somewhere around 12-th Oct.
it seems AR2 have some longish plans for me ...... but I hope that he'll promptly find something for me to repair , just to feel completely at home ...

I'm recently informed that Jill's and Papa's dogie needs company on Sea Ranch , so I hope that we two (dogie & me ) will have some time together to shoot few pics of Ocean .
;)

... Hopefully your plane will not have loose parts hanging off the wings this time!!! :eek:

you can't imagine my laugh when I spotted that rivet on upper side of wing ..... I bet it's deliberately placed and glued with paint , as sort of precaution against Gremlins

:clown:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
ZM???? Walk with doggy - drink coffee with kitty.....

Do not have coffee in your mouth when reading Damn You Auto Correct Damn You Auto Correct! Best Of DYAC :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is good that you get to spend a few more days with your friends and Papa before heading back.

Of course - all of us greedy boyz want photo's of everything!!!! Hmmmmm...... now that I think about it - NOT EVERYTHING - EVERYTHING - just the good everythings. Somethings are better left unknown!!!! :eek:

Attachments

• Coffee Cat.jpg
    Coffee Cat.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 441
Joined 2006
Paid Member
it seems AR2 have some longish plans for me ...... but I hope that he'll promptly find something for me to repair , just to feel completely at home ...

Well - around the S.F. Bay area all you will need to do to fix most of the amps is clean out the stems and seeds - replace the fuses - and draw the owner a picture of where to connect the speakers. Hooking up speakers isn't as easy as it once was. 7.1 channel systems with "zone 2" outlets as well - that's a lot of wires to connect. I'm still looking for an amp that haz outputs for "the zone" so I can people that I'm in "the zone".

you can't imagine my laugh when I spotted that rivet on upper side of wing ..... I bet it's deliberately placed and glued with paint , as sort of precaution against Gremlins

:clown:

Hmmmmm........... I worked at Air Force Depot where we repaired military aircraft. The guys knew about every trick in the book and I'm pretty sure that wuz not one of 'em. However I worked over in communications and not around the aircraft - so - I might not know all of the tricks. :D:D:D

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Was great being at the BAf finally!

I'm so glad that I finally made it to the BAF this year. Was great meeting so many dedicated audio fans and their equipment. I have to thank everyone especially Mark and Skip who made this trip even more enjoyabe than I expected.
Thanks again Skip for solving my transport needs right from home to the show.
I just feel sorry that I didn't get enough time to meet every single diyaudio.com member who I see on the forum. Maybe next time the name tags should have a diyaudio.com member indication so that we can search them out easily.

I had a great time. Thanks everyone. Being positioned close to the RMAF makes this trip even more valuable for those who need to come from fairly long distances.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Nelson Pass at 2011 BAF Dinner.jpg
    Nelson Pass at 2011 BAF Dinner.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.