The best sounding audio integrated opamps

I'm soo very happy with my new digital interconnect. :) Together with the VDH analog interconnects, it makes my DAC sing like heaven (playing Jason Lytle's "Yours truly, the commuter"). :smirk:

And I still have the new & boxed Audioquest King Cobra to try... unless for now I'll want to use my Valab 6N silver interconnect, which had already proven to sound more transparent than the VDH.

P.S. the Polk's have potential :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm soo very happy with my new digital interconnect. :) Together with the VDH analog interconnects, it makes my DAC sing like heaven (playing Jason Lytle's "Yours truly, the commuter"). :smirk:

And I still have the new & boxed Audioquest King Cobra to try... unless for now I'll want to use my Valab 6N silver interconnect, which had already proven to sound more transparent than the VDH.

P.S. the Polk's have potential :rolleyes:

what amp are you using? are you using the Polk's monitor 30?

what amp are you using? are you using the Polk's monitor 30?

Pioneer A-209R. It's a 40W RMS, JRC 4570 + mosfet amp, with the mosfets directly coupled to the outputs without Zobel networks. It has one Nichicon Muse FG electrolytic per channel in the signal path. :)

BTW in a shop I compared it to a Yamaha AX-497, priced 2x my cheap Pioneer, and it did not sound better, rather, worse.

Yes, the Polk Monitor 30's, bi-wired with Gotham 4mmq LC-OFC speaker cable, and suspended on three wood semi-spheres.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Here,

Attachments

• Zobel.JPG
    Zobel.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 310
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Zobel network or not, I'm certain there aren't coils in series with the outputs.

I'm sure yours is a better amp, as were my two Atoll integrated amps (mosfet output stage and class A transistor input stage). Nevertheless, it's unbelievable how much good sound you can have for 180 euro or so.

The Pioneer came after I was stolen my Primare I20, and, incredibly enough, when I first heard it I felt relieved somehow. :) I'm still happy enough with it not to feel the urge for new amps, at least it's not my main priority.

P.S. I wonder how my Pioneer would sound if I replaced the JRC 4570 with an LME49725, and the Muse FG coupling caps with something Solen :)

Last edited:
Pioneer A-209R. It's a 40W RMS, JRC 4570 + mosfet amp, with the mosfets directly coupled to the outputs without Zobel networks. It has one Nichicon Muse FG electrolytic per channel in the signal path. :)

BTW in a shop I compared it to a Yamaha AX-497, priced 2x my cheap Pioneer, and it did not sound better, rather, worse.

Yes, the Polk Monitor 30's, bi-wired with Gotham 4mmq LC-OFC speaker cable, and suspended on three wood semi-spheres.

Hi Andrea

the Nichicon Muse is very good , decoupled with a little film cap (i've done that with 0.1 teflon russain FT-2)
ecp.cc

after reading this thread , i've tried the LT1358 and 1364 , they 're very good but i still prefer LM4562NA ( with 22000uF and 2x10uF BGN in "super
E cap configuration" per rail
so i've ordered OPA1612 and LME49720HA to compare

Last edited:
They don't talk too well of the Solen's, ain't it? I love them instead (for the money spent). They weren't perfect sounding from scratch, but burned in they're flawless. I don't hear them as being "warm", just transparent. Their detail resolution is excellent too... and I don't hear any midrange glare or grain (not when burned in). Maybe the guy should've burned in the capacitors before comparing them?

Maybe it's that I chose the 250V not 400V... I don't know. What I know is that the Wima MKS2 sounded like rubbish in comparison!

Last edited:
They don't talk too well of the Solen's, ain't it? I love them instead (for the money spent). They weren't perfect sounding from scratch, but burned in they're flawless. I don't hear them as being "warm", just transparent. Their detail resolution is excellent too... and I don't hear any midrange glare or grain (not when burned in). Maybe the guy should've burned in the capacitors before comparing them?

Maybe it's that I chose the 250V not 400V... I don't know. What I know is that the Wima MKS2 sounded like rubbish in comparison!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/73426-coupling-capacitor-selection.html

Good Pairing

If I were you I'd add to the list the LME49725 :)

Let me suggest that the LME49725 in the first stage, with the LT1028 or the OPA1611 or also OPA827 on the output, could do a lot of good to your soundcard, as I have my reasons to believe. :)

I was think of that same pairing with my Rotel Preamp. It currently uses an
AD712JN / OPA2604 Pairing. I changed the output to dual OPA627's and this did increase the overall sound quality. I was looking for a replacement for the AD712JN when I came across your post. I have some OPA1611's on order for the output. So far the LME49725 looks like a good replacement for the AD712JN.

my suggestion for you is russian K73-16 , they're very transparent and affordable

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/143675-petp-capacitors-one-best.html#post1822010

some say , PPs caps ( polyphenyl sulfide ) are very good too

Last edited: