The Aperdioid - ish

Hi there, i was inspired by Nola brios since i have two TG9 4 ohm, and i came out with this.

With my limited understanding, it seems the phase shift an aperiodic TL provides helps create a cancelation over a wide band.

In this case, the TL is tuned so there is a 360° phase difference at approx 650 Hz, and below that, until port tuning freq (200 Hz), i get a nice rear wave cancelation. This was choosed as an 3.5 inch driver is expected to abandom omni pattern arround there. For some reason, the OB makes for a better cancelation (in vituixcad), if its inverted, as prob brios are, according to some measurments in the brio thread.

Vituixcad shows awesome cancelation, but little arround TL tuning f, AKABAK shows the opposite.

Some sim images to show what i'm talking about...

The akabak sim is for generic speaker, no LEM data inserted as of now. TL was simed using Leonard audio and then translated to the other programs.
Now that both programs are showing the effect i'm after, i'll make some more iterations on akabak, and i'm gonna build it soon-

recomendations welcomed! Best regards!
1713862899696.png

1713863139311.png

This one is an imposible thing, as port distance from front baffle is about double of the TL, but it shows the effect real nice. I also ended up making distance between drivers 220 mm as 364 mm seemed like too much visually. Also, it makes the dip at 8Khz way more benign. The idea is that some day far from now, some supertweeter will lay there.

(forget the cap its not doing anything) (i will waste some power to make the load 4 ohm)
I bet this speakers from project10 are pretty directional too: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/aperiodic-loading-to-lower-qt.162130/

Last edited: