the $5 amp enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yeah, my college has been cleaning out their old computer stuff and i got an unbelievable amount of awesome cases, including some 2-3 space rack cases (one's going for my 6 ch gainclone), a few of the scsi cases (preamp and 2-ch gainclone), and a large case from an old coax hub (who knows, it was jsut a nice size case)

recycling is good :D

I was going through some old stuff at work and discovered some old 3.5" disk cases. Rather than upload anything I just found some equivalent stuff using Froogle. I'm sure you could get these empty for next to nothing. And I'll bet some clearance sales will get rid of new ones for less than $5 including potentially useful disks.

:)ensen

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here a old switch box for the old printer's it's aluminum.
slap some wood on it and it's good for anything

Attachments

• mvc-657f.jpg
    mvc-657f.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 305
here's mine 12ax7 preamp and will be instaling brians gainclone when it comes in.

looks weird but i like it handle city. the stainless steal looks cool:cool:

just finishing up the preamp on the bench before i finish it

Attachments

• mvc-674f.jpg
    mvc-674f.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 320
Great looking Amps

Nice Amps Karma,

I've also an old DEC tapedrive case lying around. Planned to use it for a CDROM based CD-Player but didn't finish that project. What kind of amp did you build inside it? I also like the Power meters. Did you have them lying around?

Cheers,
Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.