Boards are on their way to me...

Attachments

• partsTop.jpg
    partsTop.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 961
  • tgm7.jpg
    tgm7.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 912
I've bought two second hand assembled GB150 boards including psu, saw them and couldn't resist :). I plan to drive my boundary woofers with them, they should merge verry well with the Fetzilla's driving my dipoles.

Problem is, my cornerwoofers both have two Vifa M22WR09-06 drivers each in paralel, the Vifa's being 6ohm drivers, thus resulting in a 3ohm load. Can the GB150's handle this kind of abuse?

Couldn't find the answer with search, hope someone can help me out here.

Greetings Meiborg

Bigun
Maybe You can explain for me somethink please.
Option A: ''supplied'' by two CCS
Option B: ''suplied'' by using stabilised voltage and single resistor used as CCS
What would be the advantage/disadvantage of option B

I'm not an expert but my thought is that they are both very similar and should 'do the job' in the general sense. However, the active CCS likely has a higher effective impedance, meaning that the current will be 'more constant' when compared with the resistor. The reason - the resistor only has a constant current if the voltage across both ends of the resistor are the same and you are only fixing the voltage at one end of the resistor. I'm sure there are other differences (noise, frequency response etc.)

Important note: In the TGM7 the CCS is an integral part of the thermal control loop so it can't be simply replaced with option B.

Nice work Bigun! This should be very interesting!
Thanks. So far I've learned much and will keep going until I've worked out how to get so much open loop gain under control.

I'm now assembling the first board, TGM7-II, re-spun to see if I can quell those MOSFET oscillations. I've installed all the SMT parts for the VFA version. It's not perfect as I took parts off the old board (I'm a cheapskate :eek: )

Attachments

• TGM7-II SMT front.JPG
    TGM7-II SMT front.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 916
  • TGM7-II SMT back.JPG
    TGM7-II SMT back.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 878