Tekton is using up all the Beryllium!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Tekton Double Impact's are amazing speakers and available to everyone at a very reasonable price delivered right to you door.

There have been multiple patents granted to Eric Alexander for the technology he has developed. Alexander's use of one or two tweeter arrays per side in his latest designs. Each tweeter array contains only 1 true tweeter, the center one - and the surrounding array(s) of "tweeters" do different things. I have not looked into a Double Impact cabinet... I can tell you that Tekton speakers are passive and not active. AFIK, there's no active DSP used... not sure how that would even work without being powered.

I have heard the Double Impact's, the Monitors, the DI SE's and the Electron's... I can tell you that Tekton's are the real deal. I hope to hear the Ulfberht's, Eric Alexander's current top of the line model, in the near future. To my knowledge, the only model utilizing Beryllium tweeters was, I believe, a customer's custom order that was then added to the Tekton line.

I'm not a spokesperson for Tekton, just a huge fan. You've got to hear these things!

I do get cross at people patenting the laws of physics for commercial reasons... :confused:

We old antenna engineers fully understand some of the compromises inherent in the maths of dispersion:

642768d1509252253-suppose-shallow-vs-steep-argument-fourier-transform-png

A rectangular aperture results in serious diffraction lobes in the far field.

Interestingly, the Gaussian aperture has a Gaussian response in the far field:

642767d1509252253-suppose-shallow-vs-steep-argument-gaussian-transform-png

So the first approximation is the 1:2:1 aperture with discrete drivers. Three tweeters in a row, the middle one being twice as loud as the two on the edge. After that it's 1:3:3:1. Then 1:4:6:4:1. Binomials.

You can fiddle around with some negative polarities. But who cares? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.