Technics SP-10 Refurb project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very handy, Mike. Thanks for such a good job of documentation.

Two comments:

- unless I read past it, I didn't see you mention where you got your dust cover.

- You mentioned the hold-off of the 32V supply when the turntable switch if flipped. I recently measured that on my unit and the 32V is delayed by about 20 ms relative to the 5V supply (resistive loads). At 20 ms, the 5V is not fully up either, but the holdoff circuit releases and the 32V ramps up. I think this is enough to let the 5V supply get into operating range of the circuits before the 32V finishes ramping. I should have taken a scope photo but didn't.

Brian-
Thanks for your notes.
1. I didn't provide a link for the dust cover because although it was relatively inexpensive, I wasn't completely happy with the supplier. The cover wasn't exactly square, and there are some less than perfect joints at the corners. In short, I don't have a supplier I can whole-heartedly recommend.
2. The 32V supply hold-off in the original design may just be a precaution. I've seen other replacement supplies that charge both the 5V and 32V at the same time, no problems. Mine gets the 5V up to speed a bit quicker.
Best regards,
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.