• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TEAC T1 Parts - Just pay shipping and DIY donation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have finally given up on getting my trusty T1 repaired. I had one of the gears changed a few years ago and now the tray won't slide out. The gears look Ok from the top but as there isn't even any movement it may be something else. The laser head moves forward and back and nothing else happens.

Apart from the one repair it is all original. I plan on keeping the chassis for an amp or something.

I would prefer not to have to open it up for the gears and just send the entire CD unit to someone who needs it. Same for the power supply and control board.

I'm in Perth, Western Australia 6025 if you want to figure out shipping yourself on Australia post calculator.

Kevan

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I'm looking this piece for my TEAC CD transport P700?

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 193
Hi Merlin, Sorry for the delay in replying.
I can't find the number on it but I'm quite sure its the same one after going through the threads in digital source. The part you need looks the same in mine. The motor to open the tray spins but the gears don't move. It looks like the loading belt is broken as the gears look OK.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Kevan, if you live near me I will ask you send me the entire T1 for parts but I live in Europe so shipping expenses are high so I need to adjust what to ask you to send me: attached image of your gear marked in red do you read the laser pick-up model.

TIA
Felipe

Attachments

• TEAC T1.jpg
    TEAC T1.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 107
Hi Felipe,
The cheapest airmail is A$17:70 for 500gm. (plus paypal charges)
Do you want the gears as well? I could use up the 500gms with things you may find useful.
Does the white Cd holder that you need come out easily?
It looked like it would slide out of the holder but I didn't try.

let me know what you think.
Regards,
kffern

Filipe,
Getting the tray out was a bit tricky but it's done.
looks like the Teac service guy has sprayed a solvent to clean it and has melted the surface off the tray making it stick. The belt is fine but some of the teeth are broken from the 2 step gear.
The other gears look fine. i thought i would be inundated with requests so let me know whats you need before it goes in the bin.
Regards,
kffern

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.