TDA2030A Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

If you are building TDA2030A, make sure that the filter cap must be as close as possible. I've build one with long distance caps and it sounds awful to me. Later build one with proper PCB and short distance filter cap and it surprise me with its almost liquid and open midrange. It is hard to beat at the higher end even compared to LM chips but loose out in the bottom boost.

Try it and be surprise!

Regards.

Yes the .1microfarad caps on the positive and negative supply
lines must be very close to the chip in split supply configuration
otherwise the amp will never work i've wasted two pcbs on it
and the switched to single supply configuration where it seems to work fine whether the caps are the are not but a 100uF is a must
on both configurations!

I have seen a lot of cheap multimedia audio stuff from China using TDA2030,but doesnt mean that they sound bad,some of them are really good if u know how to tweak them.

Regarding replacement,LM1875 is my first choice.The TDA 2050 on the other hand,u cant push it over plus minus 25V:(

Galexjav said:
I got an 2.1 amp that uses TDA2030a it sound so bad that i want to build a new amp using the same IC,can u help me??i need schematics and parts list...

Hi Guys,

Few days back i ordered an assembeled Audio Stereo Amp KIT which uses two 2030A ic's. Power supply Onboard.

As soon as i get the kit i will post the results here i hope it will perform well ....................... Fingers Crossed.

Wish me luck:clown:

Fake TDA2030/50 etc...

Leolabs said:
I have seen a lot of cheap multimedia audio stuff from China using TDA2030,but doesnt mean that they sound bad,some of them are really good if u know how to tweak them.

Regarding replacement,LM1875 is my first choice.The TDA 2050 on the other hand,u cant push it over plus minus 25V:(

The Chinese ICs are copies, even with what seems to be correct markings. It is becoming an issue. Most holders of the bogus inventories do not even know. Buy from 1st line distributors like digikey etc.
Here is an example of some transistors.
http://sound.westhost.com/fake/counterfeit-p2.htm

X-ray and destructive testing are only way to be sure if you have a questionable batch.

Fake TDA2030

The Fake Ic's are a big problem here in China, i work for a IC test and inspection company here and i can say if you buy online, be carefull! there is ALLOT of fake stuff out there!

If you uy large quantities its advisable to use some kind of QC company to ensure that the parts are not Fake.

verdict

Hi ....
my English is poor sorry
I need youre verdict :
Is this TDA2030A fake or not?(see image )

Attachments

• DSC0144.JPG
    DSC0144.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC01438-1.JPG
    DSC01438-1.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC01442.JPG
    DSC01442.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC01442-1.JPG
    DSC01442-1.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 337
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.