Tda2030 his tory

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so chipamps are not really my thing but I just saw a post on a tda 2030 amp....

Doesn't time mean progress for integrated electronics? This is a chip amp from more than 20 years ago !!

So that got me thinking
What's the history of this ilittle pentawatt ?
Is it surviving still because of momentum or because theese devices have actually got some nice features? If so what are they ?

I recall building some off Thomson datasheets in my youth and they sucked then. So I'm a little surprised they are stil around.

Well I guess I had better hf hearing then.
And maybe more testosterone.
And 3-head tape decks.
And some unmemorable Japanese 3 way spekaers that had treble control pot on the front.

I had 2N3055 based ap then that sounded nice even with the handicaps above. The 2030 chipamp.. Well let's just say that it was a special kind of sound that may have suited a special kid of person. Too bad that didn't include me,, caveat though I did not have scopes or analyzers then other than the aural kind .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.