TDA1541a S2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
S1 double crown

Share this S1 double crown with everyone here.
What is this ?

Attachments

• s1 double crown s    .jpg
    s1 double crown s .jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 629
S2 double crown Vs S1 double crown

Following the previous posts, I have fully compared a S2 Double Crown and S1 double crown on a Studer A730.

Sonically the S2 brings improvements -
1. fuller body on vocal and musical instruments (especially on high frequency range)
2. more airy
3. added dynamic
4. boarder sound stage
5. more definition on musical instruments
6. better base definition
8. Less digital sounding (S1 double crown has very little digital sound already)
7. Most importantly, more musical and effortless

This result is a little bit out of my expectation, since usually more advanced chip will have enhancements on "Hi Fi" performance but will sound "thin" and unnatural. S2 is not. Normally A730 (with S1 double crown) will sound good after switching on for 20 mins, S2 beats S1 right after the machine got switched on. S2 generates a sweeter and elaborated musical picture to the sound. It is a decent chip.

Is S2 final on chip upgrade for A730 ?

The S2 is obtained from "elib" from Shenzhen, CHINA.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Got 2 TDA1451S2 from elib today, Immediately tried one on my AYAII dac.

...all i can say is the previous post is absolutley right.
We can hear a clear improvement in top end clarity, bass "tightness" is also improved.
....straight off first switch on.

My system has Linkwitz Orion+ at the sharp end so its pretty easy to notice, the transparency has gone up another notch.

:cool:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi,

I was using the 1541A maid in Taiwan that came with the DAC from Pedja Rojic.

The S2 shows imediate improvement in top end clarity but this gets better until after about 20 min it actualy becomesa bit harsh.

Since i have an active system, it's an easy matter to cut the excess gain of the filters and the clarity is preserved but the hashness is gone.

So short answer: yes the S2 needs burning in for a short period.

Dacmagic 2i

Way back when, JW, the designer, said the TDA1305 was the best available budget chip, at that time, that would do all the control things needed for this DAC. Does anybody know if the beautiful sounding (IMHO) TDA1541A chip can be used instead.

The sound is V.Good but not very open.

Does anybody have any recent update info please?
Or a TEAC D1 DAC for sale.

System: TEAC T1; Dacmagic 2i; Chord Chorus interconnects;
Quad 44/405-2; Kef Cantata with Supra speaker cable.
Thanks Stu.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.