• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB TDA1541

Wanted to buy
I'm sensing some jealousy among you guys . Yeah the TDA1541A is old news but its by far the most analog like sounding DAC from any era made by people who know what music was supposed to sound like. There are more accurate chips out there but this one sounds best to my ears. Its a shame they're gone now. I bought my last S2 for 59 dollars shipped and thats a steal. I'm building a fully balanced DAC just for 44.1k playback from a pair of standard versions. I have listened to many DACs in my lifetime and the philips chip is still on top for Redbook playback, givem you bypass the DF.

Reactions: 1 user
If I may add Profiguy implemented well via i2s direct with good transport in my case Bupei's tweaked Trans384 transport it is the best playback that one can obtain. Dare I say including hi rest playback, why cause I've done comparison test at my buddies hi end audio store.

Reactions: 1 users