TDA1541 S - Any records of it existing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am trying to sell a Marantz cd board which has a TDA1541 S chip.

The buyer is now saying that the chip is a fake, which it is not as I have 2 boards with the same type chip.

Does anyone have any idea / proof that the TDA1541 S existed?

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 418
I have actually had both players for over 15 years.
Well before the trend for faking chips.
Also if they were fake, would the faker not have made them TDA1541As as well as S1/S2 plus the crown symbols.

The Chinese site looks the same chip?

I have posted below photos of the other chip still in the cd player.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 423
As Marantz was owned by Philips around the time of manufacture, the chances of the original chips in the player being fake is zero. What you have to watch for is selling a player with desirable NOS parts and getting it returned with fakes swapped in

Interesting. According to the dutchaudioclassic site:

The TDA1541 (non -A) was launched from 1985 to 1988, and it had no grades. So that would make yours a novelty.

I can imagine the suspicion of the buyer.

As I have had 2 of the chips in players that I have owned for over 15 years, I doubt that they are fakes. Further the players came from completely different sources.

I have asked "DutchAudioClassic" if they have any information as the site has no mention.

Andy

Interesting. According to the dutchaudioclassic site:

The TDA1541 (non -A) was launched from 1985 to 1988, and it had no grades. So that would make yours a novelty.

I can imagine the suspicion of the buyer.
But being inside a Marantz player could mean a selection of TDA1541 production was used and (localy) stamped with the "S1"... so, no official Philips "S1", yet no fake either.

I have one inside a Marantz CD94 - although modified the DAC looks original. I will post a picture later.

Did the original CD94 not have the TDA1541A?

I know my Philips CD960 which is virtually just an ugly version of the 94 was originally a non A chip but I thought the 94 was an A from the start??
Happy to be corrected!!

Still doesn't answer Andy's question though!

I can only surmise that as these have come from an SE model which were worked on by KI prior to the use of the KI badge, that these were graded in house specifically for the SE model.

Assuming that as the case, seems a bit tight of Marantz that they graded the chips for use in the CD273 but not the 94 MKi :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.