Tannoy System 15 mK1 crossover network

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear DIYers,

I simply cannot find crossover network schematic of this speaker. Perhaps i can find for mK2, but for mK1 - no way.

My cabinet is mK1 and I would like to finish it as mK1 with original xover.

Someone has it perhaps ? If someone has it - please help.

Regards,

Boris

My cabinet is for System 15 and this is only one unit (3833GG). System 215 has additional bass driver and distribution for bass segment in System 15 is different than in Sytem 215. As you can see in System 215 schematic inductor is positioned only for additional bass driver and NOT for 3833GG.

In my case, inductor should be there.

So, I need complete schematic for System 15 mK1 (somewhere comunicated as DMT15)

Thanks,

Boris

To be honest - always when I asked Tannoy for any kind of help they said that company policy block any schematic, construction blueprints or other material sending which can be replicated in domestic usage.

So - i did not asked them, because I suppose that answer will be NEGATIVE.

For any help of them via my dealer - I need to have cabinet or driver serial numbers and their THE ONLY ONE ACTIVITY is to send me repair set of drivers if my drivers are broken or damaged. Of course i need to send them my broken drivers back.

At this moment I have 9 pairs of Tannoy speaker and my loyalty to this company is unavoidable and very high. I have no plan to replicate or produce any type of cabinet in series, so it's a little bit unfair to not help me when I need something as crossover schematic.

Thanks.

Boris

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Sistem  15  DMT  Crossover  Schematic .jpg
    Sistem 15 DMT Crossover Schematic .jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Sistem  15  DMT mk2   Crossover  Schematic .jpg
    Sistem 15 DMT mk2 Crossover Schematic .jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 467
It's OK with resistor I can do anything. Bigger or lower...

There is a question for capacitor in HF segment. Perhaps it's stupid question for you (sorry for this), but I have to ask.

I'm not so sure what will be the impact if I change 3,9 uF to 4,7 uF. Is there big difference in sound and what will be changed ?

Why ?

Just because I have this value and if it's not a problem - I'll put 4,7 uF.

Thank you all,

Boris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.