TABAQ TL for Tangband

Without DSP its even worse. Low frequency range is almost unhearable and the upper frequency range doesn't sound as loud as with DSP and some parts of the vocals/instrument is just gone. I don't have KODA KD-261 on me right now, so I can't test it, just tested with T.Amp E-800.

I have only one speakers and the phase is connected right, even if I change it, not much of a difference.

I'm playing one song: Aylin - My Way. Without DSP vocal/instrument and lowfrequency range is unhearable and only parts of the music is playing. With DSP i can hear low frequency range/instrument and vocals, but some parts of the song are louder then other.

Last edited:
Without DSP its even worse. Low frequency range is almost unhearable and the upper frequency range doesn't sound as loud as with DSP and some parts of the vocals/instrument is just gone. I don't have KODA KD-261 on me right now, so I can't test it, just tested with T.Amp E-800.

I have only one speakers and the phase is connected right, even if I change it, not much of a difference.

I'm playing one song: Aylin - My Way. Without DSP vocal/instrument and lowfrequency range is unhearable and only parts of the music is playing. With DSP i can hear low frequency range/instrument and vocals, but some parts of the song are louder then other.
Low input?

My guess would have been drivers wired out of phase as well, but you say you have only one.

With only one speaker, it could also be room nodes.

Did you try standing in a corner of the room, not at the usual listening position?
Try moving around. Try moving the speaker around.
If you get the bass there, but not at the original position, then it's room nodes.

As I was saying, you would need a notch between 1kHz and 5kHz.
It will open a whole new world when you add it, either passively, or with EQ.

Also, I think your enclosures are not sealed well, because it should not fall down like that at 100Hz. It should stay to at least 50Hz.

Thanks, in this test I wanted to see the response without any equalisation then in normal use I have EQ, regarding the fall down at 100Hz is a room issue, if I move the enclosure just 30cm fall at 70Hz and so on but I am not bother about it...thanks again for your support.....all the best

I know that my room has issues the room nodes, but that is not the issue. Problem was that there was hearable sound variations in the songs, when one parts of the song sound louder and the other parts is almost unhearable (low frequencies, mid frequencies, high frequencies depends on song)

I have removed high pass/low pass filters and added +3dB gain on the outputs. Looks like that fixed the issue. Just don't know which parts was the problem, the filters or the output gain. I will test that later. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks, in this test I wanted to see the response without any equalisation then in normal use I have EQ, regarding the fall down at 100Hz is a room issue, if I move the enclosure just 30cm fall at 70Hz and so on but I am not bother about it...thanks again for your support.....all the best

So, your W5s beam at about 2.5kHz, just like mine.

I think I will stay away from 5" FR drivers next time.
Although, I don't feel the W8-1772 beam that much.

For me, the sweet spot is a 4" driver in the TABAQs.
Bigger, and I would go with a woofer and tweeter up high.

As I was saying, you would need a notch between 1kHz and 5kHz.
It will open a whole new world when you add it, either passively, or with EQ.

Also, I think your enclosures are not sealed well, because it should not fall down like that at 100Hz. It should stay to at least 50Hz.

Do you think it could improve the situation avoiding the need for a tweeter? I am interested because I'm finalizing my build with the same speaker, but I didn't take into account the beaming issue.

The tweeter is for the beaming issue.

The notch is for the W5 on it's own, but you will have to aim the drivers at your head, meaning a toe in of the enclosures directly to you.

In my case, I have settled on a BSC of 1mH plus 8 Ohms, and the tweeter with a single 2.2uF cap.

If you plan to listen to them by yourself, the W5 should be fine by itself.
But if you want to seat a bunch a people on a sofa for a listening session, none of them will have the same experience. Adding a tweeter will spread the sound.

Adding a tweeter on top of the enclosure is ok too. It will be close to matching the delay between the FR and the tweeter, as I have measured at home.
So, don't worry too much.

So, if you are alone in the room, just toe in the speakers towards you with a notch, passive or EQ.

If you want a wide spread of the higher frequencies, just add a tweeter on top with either a 2,2uF or 3.3uF cap on it.

Something like in the picture below would do just fine:

Attachments

• 1Pairs-Wooden-Super-Tweeter-Speaker-8OHM-20W-Dome-Neodymium-Treble-Silk-Diaphragm-Home-Theater-T.jpg
    1Pairs-Wooden-Super-Tweeter-Speaker-8OHM-20W-Dome-Neodymium-Treble-Silk-Diaphragm-Home-Theater-T.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 279
So this is what I did. 2x2 Visaton FRS8-M in a TABAQ. I had some issues with my DSP and after fixes these sound amazing! both in loudness and detail (for me). There are some songs that has too low frequencies, but most of them sound with full of bass. First of all I tested with original TABAQ and 1 speaker and I was astonished by the sound. Four of them in a x2 configuration is a different beast.

Enclosure SD is around ~256cm2 and port 32cm2 with a length of 8.5cm. If i could i would defintely go with a length of 6.5-7.5cm that would give a little bit of punch instead of the lower FS (i think so?).

They only played for an hour, but i think after some playing time they should sound even better.

Attachments

• entas_double_tabaq.jpg
    entas_double_tabaq.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 331