TABAQ and Needle hybrid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working on a blend of the needle's speaker placement and TABAQ's box.
Looking at these two builds on here for the last few weeks made me have to buy MJK's worksheets. (Big thanks to all 3 of you guys:) )
This is what I have come up with so far.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I used a 4.5 FE127E to see if I could get away without using a subwoofer. I first tried using tang band's 4 inchers, but I could not work them out in MJK's worksheets very well. This fostex seems ok, possibly due to its higher Qts. This will be the first speaker I have tried to make, so I could be using the software wrong or not taking the design far enough.

I want to keep working on this for a while, but am not sure when I should stop and just build it :)

I would love any suggestions or ideas.

lepomis said:
I am working on a blend of the needle's speaker placement and TABAQ's box.
Looking at these two builds on here for the last few weeks made me have to buy MJK's worksheets. (Big thanks to all 3 of you guys:) )
This is what I have come up with so far.

I want to keep working on this for a while, but am not sure when I should stop and just build it :)

I would love any suggestions or ideas.

graph looks good... build it?

gychang

I have been pondering almost the same design, since i have a couple of spare W3-871s (in addition to one pair of good sounding needles).

Attached is a MLTL sim I did with the TB W3-871s.
height= 30"
cross-section= 4 x 5"
sd= 4"
port: 0.88x3.8” , 2” from bottom
stuffing: 0.9 lb/ft3 in upper half.

The plot looks almost identical to Bjorn's TABAQ sim.

Svein.

Attachments

• tb-mlt.gif
    tb-mlt.gif
    7 KB · Views: 1,131
Svein and Lepomis - thanks for you input.

You guys are absolutely right, you can move the driver in TABAQ to the top of the cabinet with no problems.

I could not resist firering up under MJK software to take another look at it.

In an ustuffed line, the driver should remain as is. But since the cabinet is hard stuffed (0.207 lb - with the last 10 inch unstuffed) you can place the driver higher up.

The design of TABAQ (and others) is a repeating process. I start with an unstuffet design, trying to make this as good as poosble. Then i stuff, playing with density and distribution. But in this case, i simply forgot to see if the driver could me moved after the stuffing.

Sorry about this confusion.

Hi from Bjørn

Hi Bjorn

I tried to email you the sheet, but I do not have enough posts yet to use that feature. Would you just need the section numbers?

Bjohannesen said:
Hi Lepimis, it would be interesting to see your data entries for MJK spreadsheets. When I designed TABAQ I also wanted to place the driver higher up in the cabinet. However, this gave uneven response, which I elemintaed by moving the driver one third down in the pipe.

Hi from Bjorn

Svein_B said:
I have been pondering almost the same design, since i have a couple of spare W3-871s (in addition to one pair of good sounding needles).

height= 30"
cross-section= 4 x 5"
sd= 4"

Svein.

Would the same dimensions work for another TB driver W3-593SF instead W3-871? (I have 2 in storage). More details here.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-809

gychang

Attachments

• w3-593f.jpg
    w3-593f.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 830
Svein_B said:

height= 30"
cross-section= 4 x 5"
sd= 4"

Svein.

what is sd?, all inside dimensions I presume?

gychang

Svein_B said:

Svein.

sorry, not clear on the port size.

height: .88"
width: 3.8"
depth:? what is the depth of the divider?
not sure how 2" from bottom, is the 1.12" the height of the bottom?

trying to double check everything.

gychang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.