T3 stereo 300W amplifer board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is good news.. I am still looking for a nice sounding amp for my stereo subs. Unfortunately they are 8 ohm. Can this be bridged into 8 ohms? I suspect not because of the topology.

I was previously looking at stereo T3 V1's but hopefully this will be just as good but cheaper because of the single power supply...

Jai
It's 300W@4ohm, and about 180W @8ohm.:)

photos for T3s

We use 2mm thickness gold plated PCB. In order to see more details, some parts on board are not soldered.

Attachments

• T3 V21.JPG
    T3 V21.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 801
  • T3 V20.JPG
    T3 V20.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 782
  • T3 V22.JPG
    T3 V22.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 717
Due to the fact that the T3S board with Mundorf input caps are marked as "sold out" at the moment, I think there has to be at least a certain amount of boards which was shipped out.

Since nobody posted any experience he/she made with this amp, I just wanted to encourage you to do so and share your opinions with the rest of the world. I would be very interested to hear from the first lucky ones already having one of these amps up and running.

I have one of these boards myself but don't have the time to assemble everything at the moment. This is going to take me at least two more weeks.

Im having some trouble powering on my 2 boards,
I plug in the amps and the led indicator on the connex 500smps and amp light for 2-3 seconds then dim out. If i retry to plug the amp in nothing lights up.

After this fault i read 1.5v coming off psu that slowly drains, once it gets to 300mv or less the amp might power on again..

If the amp starts up correctly it will play fine all day long without issue, and the psu reads 48v stable.

Hello, my humble opinion .....

Sonically, the Hifimediy-T3S is a disappointment for me. The sound is too technical and unnatural. The Hifimediy-T2 sounds much better.

A Hifimediy T2-amp also costs significantly less than a Hifimediy T3S-amp.

If the performance of a Hifimediy T3S is required, then I recommend for the better sound the L-25D modules. Sonically for me at the moment, that absolute measure of all things. Even a Hypex UcD HxR-400 sounds (not the output power ago) not as good as the L-25D-modules. The Elektrolyd 22 µF capacitors, the input capacitors of the L-25D modules, have I simply bypassed.

In addition, the L-25D to time an unmatched price-performance ratio.

Greeting

Michael

Attachments

• 1.Hifimediy T3S-Amp.jpg
    1.Hifimediy T3S-Amp.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 563
  • 2.Hifimediy T2-Amp.jpg
    2.Hifimediy T2-Amp.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 550
  • 3.4K-L-25D Amp.jpg
    3.4K-L-25D Amp.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 556
  • 4.L-25D Stereoamp.jpg
    4.L-25D Stereoamp.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
hello Michael.
what smps power supply do you use in the l25D amps ? (last picture)

Hello,

The SMPS is a Hypex SMPS400A400. For this SMPS I have chosen because it has a DC protection for speakers. When a defective power amplifiers will shut down the SMPS. Sonically, I admit, but the power amplifier with a linear power supply to be preferred. The 19 "4-channel amp is me too bulky and too heavy, so i have the two L-25D stereo amplifier with Hypex SMPS400A400 built.

greeting

Michael

I plug in the amps and the led indicator on the connex 500smps and amp light for 2-3 seconds then dim out. If i retry to plug the amp in nothing lights up.

After this fault i read 1.5v coming off psu that slowly drains, once it gets to 300mv or less the amp might power on again..

If the amp starts up correctly it will play fine all day long without issue, and the psu reads 48v stable.

Hi, I don't know what's the reason now, so only to guess. May be over-current when power on? That always make the PSU auto protection.

is'nt this related to SMPS burst mode ?

here is what Cristi wrote on the SMPS thread
when the smps works in burst mode or discontinuous mode. this is a pulse-skipping operation mode implemented to reduce power consumption at no load or very low load. it starts to operate normal as soon as the load reaches 50-70mA on each rail or ~3-5W power. that's below most of the amplifier quiescent current, but some amps could draw less than that if they are muted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.