1 -- Harman Kardon Citation 7.1 450watt rms at 8 Ohm for 15" woofer

1 -- Harman kardon Citation 5.1 300watt rms at 8Ohm for 10" mid/low

1 -- Rotel RB970BX 60watts rms for the high/mid

1 -- Rotel RB970 BX 60watt rms for the tweeter

Crossover are 2 Rane AC23 4way mono

Thanks for looking

Here another picture

my.php

Weight over 300 pounds each. 2" MDF all around and many, many braces. Took about 8 month to built and cost around $2000.00.
The only thing , They have been painted and cleared by a pro. Cost around $700.00 for the paint job.At 300.00 a gallon for the clear varnish(the one for car) ,but did a great job.

Re: FINALLY DIGICAM!

Bose(o) said:
Hey kestrel,

nice NAD CD-player (DVD?), it wold go nicely with my NAD integrated amp. Also, here is my system.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi, in your second photo you have some interesting speakers... is the mid/bass driver a Seas W17ppi/H571?

Apologies if you've previously described it.

My tweeter is the 19TNF08 by Seas, the mid/bass is a Seas P17RCP08 (close simontY, the ppi looks similar) and the bass driver is the Illusion Audio LM-804. All of these and a well designed three-way, first-order cross over net an acceptably flat response down to the 40Hz. area.

The mid-high section makes use of the finest quality cardboard and the bass section uses precision cut MDF. (I love sounding "commercial"). It's a prototype for now, but I will finish it in the spring/summer.

Also, the Bose on the shelf are 141s which are working for the "single-driver comparo" for the crossover design. It's actually quite decent for a single driver, but no match for my DIYs. Like, not even close, transparency is far less though, I do like the soundstaging of the 141s.

Thanks for the comments guys!

My dad and I built two pairs of DIY speaks back in 1998. I have the ones with the oak veneer (1/4" plywood), which have a Focal tweeter (TC90 or 120, don't remember) and Scan-Speak 7" (18W/8546) woofer:

The other pair (birch veneer with dark stain) have the same tweeter, but an 8" Audax woofer, which is impossible to find these days. The crossovers for both pairs were made by Madisound, where all the drivers were purchased, as well. I think the internal wiring was Nordost Flatline. These are the first and only DIY speakers I ever built. They're definitely solidly built (the large ones weight at least 40 lbs each), but as you can see there are flaws, such as the fit in the corners on the veneer. That's just cosmetics, though, so I'm not too concerned. I hope to have the time, space, and money to do some more DIY in the future, but even these two pairs will probably last me a lifetime.

Attachments

• diy2.jpg
    diy2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,130
WICKED FINISH! How did you get such a nice finish on your speakers?

If you can get a finish like that on wood how come you haven't wet sanded the Antec Sonata case? I saw my friend's Antec case (I love Antec btw) and being a Meguiar's/car guy I couldn't stand the orange peel on his case...so, I got my sandpaper, Meguiar's acoutrement and 6 hours later ;) .

Speakers are 2x B&C AMX250, JBL 2446 Sanded wood horns, JBL 2402 & Fostex 825.

The system is tri-amplified. The filter uses L+C cells using Le Cleach model for cut-off frequencies.

Amps are 50W Class A for bass, SE 300B for mids & SE 2A3 for highs.

Preamp is a 6922/12B4A, Phono preamp is a tube Hiraga, LP is not finished yet...

D/A is a PCM63K + output transformers.

Cables are J.M Reynaud for mod & Ethernet Cat5 10 pairs for speakers.

Cheers.

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG