System Pictures & Description

SVI2004A said:
what is spyware??

and how can i kill it
Lol! I'm just imagining that being said in an Australian accent! :D

Spyware is software that sneakily tries to install itself on your computer, like a virus but less harmful, and when it's there it runs in the background (using up resources) and does annoying things, generally with your Internet browser.

Cookies count as spyware to some people, but they just gather information from you to give to a server. The more annoying programs do things like change your Internet Explorer home-page and automatically install toolbars to encourage clickthroughs to horrid shopping web-sites.

I forget the distinction between adware and scumware, but basically it's just annoying crap you don't want.

Download 'Webroot Spysweeper' - Google for it. This will remove many, many crappy things from your system, and it really may end up running much quicker, because it will remove programs from memory, the registry, etc. that use/waste memory and cpu time. Also 'AdAware' is good, also perhaps Spybot Search and Destroy.

If the 'Spyware' is infecting people via your web-site it is probably coming from your web-hosting provider. This is pretty dodgy, and there's probably nothing you can do about it :( (perhaps inflicting this cheeky annoying stuff is their way of subsidising cheap web-hosting??)

The other possibility, I think, is that software is already running on Ap's machine, and it's nothing to do with your website, you hope :)

Hope that helps a little bit

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

well heres my rather uninspiring setup, compared to some of the systems on here :bigeyes: , but im quite happy with it bar only niggling things, like getting the speakers right, and getting a better room to listen in!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

first is the Amp and tuner, 60watt x 2, Rotel RA-913 intergrated amp, which im the proud second owner off (have the original owners manual) , despite its age and Im guessing lack of sophistication in design (THD quote is pretty ordinary) it sounds very pleasent, and still better than my fathers new sony reciever, and im definatly not imaging things, as i purposly borrowed his reciver assuming, and beliving it would sound better, only to decide very soon after , it sounded like ****. and gave it back!

The only repair its had in its entire life is the volume control, which i think is pretty good.. the caps could do with replacing i think, slight hum if u listen really close.

Tuner is Rotel RX-203 , does the job and looks good imho :p

Also have this Rotel RX-402 reciver which is broken at the moment, Ive vanished the timber on it, (stripped the veneer off and sanded it back)

Ive also got some gainclone amps setup in prototype on the floor, but I wont post pics, as they look like aa complete mess at the moment.

Speakers are built by me as u can tell by there sh$%ty looks :p

comprise of a Vifa P22-WP-01 8" woofer, and Vifa D25AG tweeter, and a simple (at the moment) 2nd order xover, box volume is from memory around 35L, 18mm mdf, braced in a few places, joins all dowled and sealed. really happy with the overall sound of them, especially the midrange, its a whole class above the crap you buy in the shops for the money I spent on them. I had not discovered the joys of european drivers before, so Im hooked now and intend to build a lot more speakers using them!. All it needs I think is some refinment in the crossover area , perhaps some filters for the bass to smooth its response a little, but I havent got the setup to measure there performance , nor the knoledge to do any of the above, besides half the problems are with the acoustics of the room ive discovered.

hopefully Ill learn how to Do what i need on these forums , and get them just how I want them.! ,

cheers

Here is a pair of Audio Review bookshelfs that I finished a few weeks ago on stands that I finished today. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4,592
2.5 lb fitness weights-the ones with a 1" hole fit inside the PVC and I just slid them onto the threaded rod in the center(I also added some scrap iron I had in my last stands too)-after considering all the possibilities it turned out the weights were the cheapest option at $1 for 2.5 lbs and readily available at the local walmart-leadshot was 25 lbs for $16 and not as easy to get

the empty stands weighed 15 lbs-plus the weights(30 lbs)-then I filled the rest with sand-(about 20 lbs)(actually had to put the sand in first so the weights are on the bottom-just measure the stack of weights and leave space)

my goal was for the stand to weigh 2x as much as the speakers-which are about 25 lbs

something from Estonia.
my Visaton BG20 fullrange speakers.

I use an oldschool Sansui 1000X reciever to drive the speakers.
The cd deck is a Sony CDP-M305

Not the best quality pictures but good enough I hope for you guys to get the idea :)

Thanks!

They sound excellent, too!

I drive them with two Aleph-X monoblocks, about 30W max each, but it's impossible to stay in the room when the volume control is in upper half. Preamplifier is variant of Aleph-P with relay attenuator in output, but it's still not finished. It's used primarily for converting unbalanced CD output to balanced monoblock input.

I move the hole for the speaker up with around 15 mm from original location and made little hollows in internal plates to fit big fostex magnet. The hole was cut according speaker dimensions.

Here is a picture of one of monoblocks:

Attachments

• pic_0027.jpg
    pic_0027.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,886
Here are my 3-ways which I built way back in 1988.
Drivers are all Dynaudio - 21W54 8" woofer, D52AF 2" midrange, and D28AF 28mm tweeter.
The crossovers are 1st order, and the enclosure is 16mm jarrah veneered particle-board over a 18mm mdf frame. The corners and bevels were made from solid jarrah.
Initially it was a sealed box, but last year I decided to add a vent.
I also replaced the 21w54 surround last year as it was starting to rot.
The sound? People familiar with Dynaudio will know the signature clean and dynamic sound of their drivers. The best part is the midrange - fantastic detail and ambience.

Attachments

• dynaudio3way.jpg
    dynaudio3way.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4,263