sx

Today is a listening test day.
Power supply: +/-20V D.C
33000UF/Rail
EI transformer
Biased at 1.5A
One pair OUT.
Offset=0 mV absolutely stable.
From this first test it is clear,this is a very good sounding amplifier,deep bass,clear high .
Congratulations Bonsai good job!:worship:
PS measurement test some days later.
Thimios.

Last edited:
Here is the single sided sx-Amp (15 Watt Class A CFA) PCB layout in Gerber format I promised a few days ago.

I have not built this version (only the THP version)

So, please feel free to take a look.

The circuit is the same as for the one in the write-up on my website except that I have replaced C2 with a through hole electrolytic device and J2 is removed. Further, all the semiconductors are now through hole.

The overlay and circuit diagram are attached as .jpg

NOTE: THIS LAYOUT INCORPORATES THE UPDATED RESISTOR VALUES FOR R28, R29 AND R36 AND R37.

I don't know how to turn this into a .pdf file - anyone got any ideas? This will mean people can etch their own boards.

The write on this amplifier is on my website - here is a link for your convenience: Ovation sx-Amplifier: A 15 W class A Amplifier

Happy building!

hi mr bonsai. i get confuse about cap 2 10uf around tr 3.bc547. its different on single side and double layer schematic. why? regards

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
That's C2 - it simply decouples Q3 collector to emitter so that at HF its still a low impedance.

Q3 is the bias generator.

Note the sx-Amplifier bias generator doe not work like an ordinary Vbe multiplier - its actually measuring the voltage across the out devices emitter degen resistors and then controlling the base voltage across the output devices.

:cool: