SVS pb10 cloned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have laid my hands on a SVS PB10nsd woofer and the 300 Watts BASH amp
I also have found someone who has measered the TS parameters
some further info is the vent is about 34 cm long and 3 inch
in diameter
some calculations give a netto volume off 62 to 64 liters
someone ever cloned or rebuild this subwoofer, it will only be used for movies

Attachments

• svs-pb10-isd-woofer.jpg
    svs-pb10-isd-woofer.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 408

GM

Joined 2003
Asdonk said:
the measured T&S parameters are........

Sorry, but the specs don't add up. with a 13.42 BL a Qes around 0.24 is required, so no way Qts = 0.35 or vice versa. Since Vas is the hardest to properly measure, maybe this is what's screwing up the numbers.

Regardless, please post Qes, Qms too.

GM

GM

Joined 2003
OK, thanks, but it still doesn't mean that Vas isn't wrong as BL now calcs around 10.88, which has a big effect on cab Vb.

Anyway, based on these specs a max BW alignment will be around 0.707*Fs with a ~ Vb = Vas EBS alignment, but due to the low Vas the vent will be excessively long, so a mass loaded reverse tapered TL (ML-TQWT) makes more sense to me. Corner loaded it should be solid into the teens, though its low Pe will keep it from getting to DD/DTS reference level if that's a performance goal.

Now if you can 'afford' a larger, ~81+ " tall cab and the T/S specs are close, a tapped horn sims an eyeball flattening ~125 dB with only ~140 W, but the trade-off is it's ~280.64 L + all the panel thicknesses, though if it can be laid down along a wall to fire into the corner it can be fairly small in cross section with only one bend 122+" long and of course more folds can be used to reduce its height if taking up a larger floorspace isn't a major issue:

GM

Attachments

• svs pb10 14.14-148.11 hz conic th.gif
    svs pb10 14.14-148.11 hz conic th.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 248
no warranty on seperate amp panel bought from Europian SVS
dealer

here goes the project, as the Pb10 amp panel is not working at all
just about 10 months old

I contacted L Sound and this is what they answered today :

I just got a message from SVS now. I just wanted to check if M-Pro had a different sales policy since we do not sell separate SVS parts to DIY projects I am afraid. Warranty doesn’t count on separate parts and M-Pro shouldn’t have sold you these parts. L-Sound do not sell any DIY parts to customers either. I am very sorry about this.

Please let me know if there are anything I can help you with but we can’t give you a new amplifier since there are no warranty on the amp plate itself. The amplifiers which all SVS dealers have are for replacements only when a customer have bought a whole subwoofer.

Regards,

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.