Sure Rotary Encoder implementation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the TK2050 Sure board (2 x 100, #AA-AB32181) and the rotary encoder plugs right in.

So I did. And it just blasted sound with no control. Had to quickly unplug the amp.

What's going on?

Here's what I can tell you:

1) First, I'm guessing I have to re-set the DIP gain switches on the board. I have them currently set to "medium" gain.

2) The instructions for either the board or the Rotary Encoder are not all that clear.

3) I've read and observed, there's a push function on the knob of the Rotary Encoder. I don't understand what this is for. Can someone explain please?

Thanks everyone,
Mark

Hi Recurve,

Oh, I see. I didn't get what you were saying before.

Hmmm....well, I may have damaged my rotary encoder. Yesterday I set all dip switches to off, hooked up the encoder, and hooked up junky speakers to the amp. I didn't see my LED on the amp light up as normal. Pushed the button on the encoder. Didn't notice those LED's going on either. And I thought something was starting to smell hot, so I just pulled the plug.

I may try everything again sometime, but for now I'll just use my Nelson Pass B1. It sounds fabulous with the TK-2050!

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.