• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

Hi all, can someone help with the syntax and placement for configuring to use 2 external clocks (45/49) please?
I see I can add the kernel option to the uEnv.txt file on the sd card, so I tried for example adding this to the end of the file
Code:
 snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1=45158400
But I'm still playing at double speed...

Also, is there some auto-detect on the mck input for the BBB? It seems that if I am connected to the external clocks via mck, that the Botic driver will always use these, regardless of what I type in the uEnv.txt for snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk

Also, can someone explain the format for the options where there's a plus?
For example in snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk where I want to invert the selection and use external clocks, do I write
snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk=34
?

Thanks,
James

dwjames: 3+4 is not 34 but 7 :)

you can also verify your settings by printing following files

cat /sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/clk_44k1
cat /sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/clk_48k
cat /sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/ext_masterclk

the last one should be 7 in your case

Issue #3

I noticed the problem of the Botic:
MPD does not see more than 124 folders in share disk.
Solving:
uncomment strings at usr/local/etc/mpd.conf file:
follow_outside_symlinks "yes"
follow_inside_symlinks "yes"

Hi Herznn,

thanks for quick help. But both lines are uncommented yet!? And I don't have 124 folders in share disk. Any other idea? This is an open forum, Russ got Mieros solution...? Open for commercial usage or open for DIY?

MPD does work bad with DB when media files immersed structure more than 2-3 hierarchical directories.
I've MacOS jurnaled formatted disk which shared via NFS entirely and havemost hierarchical structure.
And MPD index DB for only 124 folders at summary. I looked as implemented in TynyMPD, that has no this problem. And it works.
Uncomment booth string.