• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Supertex dn2540 CCS Rset trimmer value

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how they believe this circuit operates? I refer to the DN2540's in the cathodes of the E88CC LTP.

http://richardsears1.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/figure-8-6as7-current-balanced-pp-amp-sch.jpg

There are no external connections for gate drive, so the circuit appears complete. I've tried modelling this in LTSpice, using the Supertex part library, but it appears not to function.

Can anyone point me to a successful application of DN2540 cascoded devices in a long tail pair? I understand that the 10M45 is in the ballpark performance with the DN2540, so a rendition of that would work for me too. I've searched over the forum but have been unable to locate anything complete.

Thanks!

Here are a couple. They are copies of the CCS circuits in the letters after the regulator 101 article in audioxpress. The article suggests 60 ohms for the source resistor (Rset) to acheive 38 ma, but the sim shows that 30 is the actual value.... what gives?

you need the supertex.lib from the web site. I can't seem to upload more than one file.

Attachments

• jung dn2540 ccs circuits.asc
    2.5 KB · Views: 362
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.