Suggestions Dune Hd Base 3.0 Alternative Media Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I'm using a Dune Base Hd 3.0 media player for watching media from a local hard drive, not concerned with net or external sources.

I'm running the Dune's analogue out into 3 Denon stereo amps to produce 5.1 sound.

What would be better than the Dune in terms of increased picture and sound quality.

My amps don't have hdmi input and are analogue only. But i do have an Audiolab m-dac, so could take the audio from coaxial or optical output,
send it to the m-dac, then from there to the amp. Haven't tried this, it is just a possibility.

Any suggestions for increased picture and sound quality would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Okay, i'll look into setting the dac up within the next few days, i'm usually too busy on the weekends, and i'll give it a listen and see where i want to go from there.

1.What do you think of the dacs built into the dune's, are they decent, or would i notice a big audio difference if switching to the audiolab m-dac.

2. It sounds like the dune smart series hold promise, should i rule out the
mede8er med1000x3d all together, are there any other altenatives? Popcorn hour maybe?

3. The dune hd-tv series and hd-solo are newer models, i don't need tv, 3d video or 4k support, should i bother with these at all?

Many thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.