Subwoofer enclosure made from plant pot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello i am new to these forums and am curious on building my own subwoofer. I have absolutely no woodworking skills. So i was thinking what if a large plant pot could be used as a subwoofer enclosure.
Could you guys tell me the disadvantages of using this system such as damping etc.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Plant pots actually work well if you're prepared to do a little extra work. Take two plastic sealed plant pots of which one fits inside the other with just about 1/2" (or more) all around to spare. Make a jig that suspends the smaller pot inside the larger one so that it sits flat and level and has equal spacing all around. Now poor concrete into the gap between the pots and let it set. Cut a circle the size of the outer pot from 1" MDF and cut out the hole for the woofer and, if applicable, the bassreflex port and connectors and mount it to the pot. Paint the outer pot in your color or choice, fill the inner pot with damping, mount the woofer and you're ready to rumble.

Best regards,

Sander Sassen
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.