Strange thing happened with Bliesma T34A

Alright. Conclusion:

One of them is hopefully OK, the other needs reconing:

636EC820-0E78-433C-B8A3-06EA372170C4.jpeg

From my experience a once crushed metal dome is dead, it will never have the same transfer behaviour than before and sound harsh.
(That's why 99,9% of metal domes have protection grills)

I used the T34A myself, and can hardly imagine how to provoke that kind of damage. When I measure rare drivers / tweeters with sine sweeps ~ 90dB for crossover development I use no cap and no signal bandwith limitation because from experience I've never observed any critical excursion because its limited by increasing Cms of the suspension.

This could only happen with
1. extreme misuse, e.g. routing the xover subwoofer path to the tweeter channel + increase to very high volume.
2. significant leakage of the rear chamber, which then gets the pressure from the woofer in the same enclosure (mine were fine, and the backside was shared with a 18" woofer driven to thunderous levels)
3. very good sealing of the rear chamber and tightness of the suspension + the already mentioned pressure difference effect; Maybe realistic if the tweeters are transported by airmail/plane and the cargo hold of the aircraft is not pressured --> Plane goes up, tweeter pops out....
4. a curious child with a pointed object that now swears it has nothing to do with it...

Last edited:
Well...I guess in an unconscious moment,
I was routing bass, or the midbass sweep in the T34A's in my 4 way active system.

I usually do test blips for controlling that the right sweeps goes to the right channels before I do sweeps, and things can go wrong when I want to do things fast.

Lession learned.
I also have some new Radien Be compdrivers, and I will do things slow and with focus here after....

Sorry my bad english. ;-)