Store Heat Sinks - Thermal Numbers

I have to agree with Nelson here. This sinks can handle a lot of power. The raggered fins have much to do with this. You get a lot more surface erea.
i calculated the 5U400 to handle around 150W pr side with 30C rise back in the day. It seams i was pretty close on those calculations.

Reactions: 1 user
This one. A 5ch class A/B amp, is sitting at about 10C above rom temp. Whit internal sinks. 5x 4U300mm sinks. Best estimate is that internal chassis temp is about 3C above rom temp. so the sinks sits at about 7C above ambient. With 130W powerburn at idle/mild use.

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_103312.jpg
    IMG_20191031_103312.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 119
Interesting idea... either add a knob to dial the bias or put in a switch circuit marked Summer / Winter with a red switch (and RED LED) on the front panel.

My living room gets hot in the summer, around 84F without running the AC. And the A2s (5U400s) run hot all the time, pretty much out on the open. so it becomes a feedback circuit with the amps acting as heaters in a hot room. The AC here in Coastal SoCal is affordable only by politicians and Hollywood Royalty. So, when it gets pretty hot, I switch to a tube amp.... or just don't listen.

Running the AC is not only expensive, but the flow of air does make some noise.
Bret D'Agostino (RIP) had an "eco" (lower bias) mode on his amps