Stereophile Speaker Model

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok here is the link to the speaker load that stereophile use to test their amplifiers.
Stereophile: Home Page.

I am having trouble reproducing the same results of impedance and phase vs frequency that stereophile have published.

I have attached the spice results.
If there is anyone else familiar with LTSPICE that could check this out to confirm whether I have made a mistake or stereophile has made mistake, I would be very greatful.
Check Out the attachments

Attachments

• Speaker Load.png
    Speaker Load.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 424
  • results.jpg
    results.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 410
The graphs suggest that this was a simulation for a 3-way speaker system with crossover frequencies of 80 Hz and 1200-1500 Hz. It would be nice to have a general way to to synthesize these circuits for arbitrary crossover frequencies and numbers of speaker elements. I will review my Earl Geddes book about this.

That you cant do...as the dumps and dips in the low area is very much related to the physical elements of loudspeaker..like portresonances ect ect...

for an electrical circuit model you can just build it in LT-spice...you can model the drivers too.. by adding series resistance to coils..., but things like back EMF can't be accounted for...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.