SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

But LT4320 it not a bridge recifilter, it is just controler for mosfets. Controled mosfets have very soft switching. Probybly it will give us litle cleaner power then soft recowery diodes. I have compered soft recovery sbyv 27-200 and ultra fast byv 26-200 and i can say thay sbyv give me sowtier and cleaner sound, more deep sound stage. Mayby LT4320 will give us better resultats. I know this is expenisve controler, not like recifilter diodes. Thanks for link Salas, but he dont try this controler.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I powered up one positive board of the SSLV but I'm not getting the results I expected. The reg. is for a BA-3FE which draws 53ma of current at 24V. So I have installed R101=10R 3W, R103=4K, R105 (trimmer)=2K. I started with the trimmer at the halfway point and brought the input voltage up slowly, at 80% it toped out at about 16V and didn't rise as I turned the variac up to 100%. All LEDs where lit so I turned the trimmer up to the maximum and only got 19V. At that point R101 became extremely hot. Mosfets never got above room temperature. I took the board out and checked all parts for orientation and value, everything seems correct. I'm using a dummy load of 560R 5W. Could the dummy load be the problem? Have I done any damage?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am speculating that there is overcurrent due to a shorted CCS Mosfet that is why you must check how much current runs there. Vdrop across R101 divided by 10R will tell. Your dummy load value would draw 35mA @ 20V or 43mA @ 24V so it is a logical choice given your target for the real load bias

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Also recheck on how the dummy is wired to the output connector. R103 is better to be 6.8k because you probably got 2.53mA running through the voltage reference now so your 19V topping out is one logical thing, but we got to know why R101 went so hot first.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Putting it back together to test

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 159