SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Epcos-TDK 4.7uF 22.5mm Mouser 871-B32523Q1475K

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Salas,

One additional question about EPCOS caps.
What would you recommend to use on BIB for C301/C302 cap for my BHL phono: 10uF 100V 10% EPCOS (Mouser 871-B32523Q1106K) or Electrolytic 220uF 50V Elna RFS Silmic II?
I have both in my possession.
Thank you.

I did see that IRF+ and - mini-kits includes mica insulators. It is very breakable and they can crack during shipment. Is any issue to use newer technology like flexible Si (silicon) insulators? Something similar to what I see on ebay today: 20x Transistor Silicon Insulator to 220 Insulation Sheet | eBay

One more question:
Since I'm new in DYI, please advise:
Do you guys spay some sealing or Nitro lack on PCB backside to protect your soldering from oxidation when your project is done?

Please let me know.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Can't see the link, the server seems cutting Ebay links lately. If its about original Silpad or clones they are fully useable. Check insulation works with the DMM in continuity mode before firing it up whatever is the insulator anyway. Nylon screws are needed too.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
One more question:
Since I'm new in DYI, please advise:
Do you guys spay some sealing or Nitro lack on PCB backside to protect your soldering from oxidation when your project is done?

Please let me know.

Don't do that, it will mess up everything in any case of rework. The PCB has solder mask and gold. Nothing is susceptible to ware there. Its fully professionally finished.

Hi Salas,

Thank you. Nylon or Teflon screws@nuts is a good point.
Here is a picture...

Attachments

• photo (10).jpg
    photo (10).jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 226