Speaker Protection Board

solid state protection

Ready for testing waiting for parts to arrive.
warm regards
Andrew

Attachments

• alex.jpg
    alex.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 647
  • solid state.jpg
    solid state.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 488
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
You could have just ordered a board for $9.50 + postage Andrew

:confused:

Hi Andrew

In my opinion it's a good design that you have put up and it's very well documented on your site.
You must have used some of time to design the circuit and to do the PCB layout.

I'm sad when I see that some are actualy taking a finished design and do their "own" PCB layout and plan to sell it at a few cents lower price.

It seems like Alex MM is the so called PCB "designer"
Does anybody think think that Alex MM will answer any technical questions regarding the design?
No, the plan is to "take the money and run" and leave it to Bonsai to answer all the technical questions even if they bought the boards from Alex MM.

It's too bad

Stein

Hi Andrew

In my opinion it's a good design that you have put up and it's very well documented on your site.
You must have used some of time to design the circuit and to do the PCB layout.

I'm sad when I see that some are actualy taking a finished design and do their "own" PCB layout and plan to sell it at a few cents lower price.

It seems like Alex MM is the so called PCB "designer"
Does anybody think think that Alex MM will answer any technical questions regarding the design?
No, the plan is to "take the money and run" and leave it to Bonsai to answer all the technical questions even if they bought the boards from Alex MM.

It's too bad

Stein
AlexMM is indeed a very good pcb designer. I tried to buy some boards from him a few years back and he told me he never sells boards and he never shares gerber files.
Now , I am not sure how Andrew got this board designed by AlexMM. Maybe he wants to explain this .
Bonsai , I am getting this board from you for sure, but I don't have that uPC1237, any trusted sources in US?
Thanks

https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/AV02-0259EN

what does this mean for the connection to g/s of mosfets?
reverse the connections or use p-channel?

You could do either. The output is a self contained floating supply so either device could be used with either P or N channel, just connect accordingly. If you mess up the layout and get them reversed, use the other device instead.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You can also stack the two outputs (ie wire them in series) to get much faster switching times. Since the input to a power mosfet is capacitive, it follows from basic principles it=CV that switching is faster with the higher voltage because the CV product is greater. .

On my commercial,smps, I switch 60A in under 100 us using this technique ( I used 2x VOM127 per channel).