Speaker protect circuit using mosfets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any ideas on good SMD MOSFETS for relay usage?
Are there any single unit dual N MOSFET devices?
I would think by now that there would be an integrated device for this exact purpose.

S
My circuit build used DMT10H010LK3-13 SMT MOSFETs, Dpak, 100V, 6.5milliohm. I don't think I found any dual-MOSFETs with good enough ratings, but Dpak are small enough really, you need to get some heat out of the things at higher power levels - a heat-slug is needed.

IIRC the dual devices with heat-slugs were all asymmetric for power conversion use.

Greetings. Sorry for jumping on this thread so late in the game. It's because I just had a relay-based speaker protection circuit fail in one of my diy amps (in use for years) and I am thinking about switching to a SSR. So I've been looking at using the VOM1271 with TK72E12N1's mentioned by Bonsai and others.

Any suggestions about the sensing part of the solution such as turn on delay and DC detection? Tips would be appreciated.

Here is the delay relay circuit I employ:

TDR.JPG

And I've adapted Fig 1 (here: Loudspeaker Protection and Muting) for DC detection, Doug Self also published a version that is popular.

Mike

Last edited:
Mike, Thanks for taking time to respond.

The current circuit is Rod Elliot's P33 so I've considered using the P198 MOSFET relays as he suggests, but don't have room for 4 additional boards. And . . . something new will be more fun. BTW, the failure was my bad. I shorted something, not sure what, to 60VDC and took out a perfectly good DMM probe at the same time.

I'll check out Mr. Self's solution as well as your's.

Thanks again,
Neel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.