Soundstream USA-100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a USA-100 that only has audio on one channel. I opened up the amp and found a resistor that is black. Dose anyone know the value and wattage of the resistor? Also any other info on the amp not having output on a channel.

Attachments

• 20191016_113758.jpg
    20191016_113758.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 153
  • 20191016_113806.jpg
    20191016_113806.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 150
Measure it with dial calipers and order the same size. The resistor generally has 0v across it. The size is to prevent it from failing immediately when the RCAs are shorted to 12v or a speaker wire is shorted to ground (which typically causes other problems as well). Various diagrams have similar resistors as 1w.

Maybe someone knows him. I don't but an ebay seller named Jaime (JandRElectronics, maybe J&RElectronics) used to sell them. Id try cleaning them with contact cleaner (DeOxIt D5 or similar) before replacing them. Did you find one was intermittent?.

Initially, apply a drop or two of contact cleaner and work the switch back and forth 40-50 times. If it seems OK, move the switch actuator slightly while it's playing to see if it's intermittent. Some of the SoundStream switches have sliding contacts and clean pretty well. Others work like a toggle switch (even those with a slide-type mechanism) and have to be disassembled to be cleaned (tedious and risky due to the risk of losing small parts).

Measure it with dial calipers and order the same size. The resistor generally has 0v across it. The size is to prevent it from failing immediately when the RCAs are shorted to 12v or a speaker wire is shorted to ground (which typically causes other problems as well). Various diagrams have similar resistors as 1w.

Maybe someone knows him. I don't but an ebay seller named Jaime (JandRElectronics, maybe J&RElectronics) used to sell them. Id try cleaning them with contact cleaner (DeOxIt D5 or similar) before replacing them. Did you find one was intermittent?.

So I measured the resistor and i get 0.145in x 0.445in. Am I looking for something in the case code section? Also I dont see anything with the tan coloring of the resistor, dose that matter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.