Sound signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was not supposed to be about my person.
But I can see that the thread has taken a very unfortunate turn, since the two Danish participants Skruer selv and Boydk have joined the thread. From a reasonably sensible discussion, to a person harassment full of lies and insults, plus conjectures guesswork about my person.

Requests that the thread be closed now and the posts that demean or deal with my person are deleted.

1. Disruptive behavior of any sort, including offensive language, trolling, threadjacking, insults, intimidation, harassment or other disrespectful or antisocial behavior. (Notes 1 & 3)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
thor2, I do not know you, but observe that you seem to have been thrown off all fora you visited, and now here within a page or so are again involved in a fight.

It is unlikely that the whole world selected you as the guy to beat up, so logic dictates that you might benefit from a hard critical look at yourself and your behavior.

With all due respect.

Jan

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi thor2,
I think that Jan has given you some very timely advice. His observations agree with mine and he was able to put it into words better than I could. Perhaps some introspection might be in order. If you are still convinced you are right, then recreate the tests, but in a careful manner where your connections are carefully done. Don't be afraid if you can't hear a difference, the most important thing is that you are honest with yourself. Be certain you are on firm ground and that your experiment can be replicated by anyone else. One thing is that the distortion and noise floor of your test setup needs to be lower than the effect you are looking for. So far it hasn't been.

-Chris

thor2, I do not know you, but observe that you seem to have been thrown off all fora you visited, and now here within a page or so are again involved in a fight.

It is unlikely that the whole world selected you as the guy to beat up, so logic dictates that you might benefit from a hard critical look at yourself and your behavior.

With all due respect.

Jan
But obviously good enough to judge that it is me that there is something wrong with and I should look at myself etc.
Hope you can see you are off topic and at the same time you insult me.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi thor2,
Actually, he is on topic for this segment of the thread and topic.

I happen to know Jan personally, and can assure you he is not one to insult anyone. He would keep his thoughts to himself instead. He is genuinely attempting to help you, as am I.

-Chris

With all due respect.

Jan

Hi thor2,
I think that Jan has given you some very timely advice. His observations agree with mine and he was able to put it into words better than I could. Perhaps some introspection might be in order. If you are still convinced you are right, then recreate the tests, but in a careful manner where your connections are carefully done. Don't be afraid if you can't hear a difference, the most important thing is that you are honest with yourself. Be certain you are on firm ground and that your experiment can be replicated by anyone else. One thing is that the distortion and noise floor of your test setup needs to be lower than the effect you are looking for. So far it hasn't been.

-Chris
what is the reason why you keep dragging my person into the discussion, the problem I am describing has pretty much all Diy practitioners and manufacturers observed.
You have not yet answered whether you have experienced a sound change by changing a coupling or decoupling capacitor or components in a crossover ????? .

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi thor2,
You are not discussing anything. You have been arguing your viewpoint only. You have not even discussed improving your test setup. The reason your person continues to come up is that you have made it an issue. You also completely fail to recognize when others try to help you. You have blinders on and consider any viewpoint that differs from your own - wrong. Even when everyone else agrees with each other.
You have not yet answered whether you have experienced a sound change by changing a coupling or decoupling capacitor or components in a crossover ????? .
Sometimes there is a sound change when changing coupling capacitors and especially crossover capacitors. This occurs when you are fixing a problem. But coupling capacitors do not change the sound quality as much as other capacitors can - and those are my secret. :)

You are offering nothing new to the more experienced technicians and engineers here. Same goes for advanced hobbyists I know who are well past where you are now. Your problem is that there is no back and forth with you at all. Your eyes and ears are closed, your mouth is open. You can't learn anything that way. What you become is a source of noise.

Depending on what you say next, I may well block you. It depends on whether you can learn or not. I have basically said everything I can to help.

-Chris

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Read his original post again (if you did so to begin with.) His question is clear.

"My question, are there others with the same experience and are there measurements and theory that explain why copper and silver sound amazingly different in a transparent Hifi system. "

If you don't have measurements he's asking for and you don't have experience to corroborate his, then why answer? This seems to happen a lot , people trying to convince other people they're wrong when they're not asking for it. Just leave it alone.

Sadly he has been told quite clearly that in a properly designed system with reasonable cables there is no difference. Repeatedly.

Not wanting to hear it is his problem. Not others.

Check out the N Rays story, even world class scientists can fool themselves with expectation of the results. The mind is complex and controls everything.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
But obviously good enough to judge that it is me that there is something wrong with and I should look at myself etc.

Please read what I wrote. I am not judging you at all. I am observing what happens again and again. Surely you would want to change that?

Jan

I have heard differences between different cables. When measuring these cables they all had different parasitics. When entering that into Spice, together with appropriate models of load and source signal deviations can be modeled.

No big deal.

And there is no stage in my reproduction chain where changes can't be measured waaay before anyone is able to hear them. And we are living in an age where test equipment is very available and as affordable as never before.

what is the reason why you keep dragging my person into the discussion, the problem I am describing has pretty much all Diy practitioners and manufacturers observed.

The reason I/we/they do that is, that the above statement is false.
Pretty much all practicing DIY´ers have NOT observed this. If they had, I bet you, there would have been thousands of threads in this forum alone about it.

Pretty much all manufacturers have NOT observed this. They do their engineering with stable/reliable components and probably extensive listening tests. If your statements were true, I bet their marketing material would be stuffed with praisings of these particular components.
Unfortunately the marketing material on "High-End" signal/speaker & power cables are filled with pseudo-babble and almost no scientific evidence to back up the claims.

So conclusion to the above quote is, that you are (almost) the only one making these claims, and to write that everybody else sees things your way is just simply false.

Hi Hearinspace,
Read my responses, and the responses from other learned members.

If you want to try his blinders on, that's fine. Misery loves company, and he will welcome your participation.

-Chris
You manage to disparage Hearinspace, which is apparently the only one who has grasped the thread's premise.

You manage to insult me twice in two sentences.
You have nothing understood by the thread's subject matter or premise because have not bothered to read what I write,

Had you read the thread you would know that everything you have said until now is BS, at the same time you have participated in and allowed approved yes called for person harassment which is not allowed in this forums.

You only need to read the first 2-3 pages of this thread to understand what I mean and understand the premise of the thread and when when I find something mysterious and deviant from the known electronics theory.

. Ps. Here you have the explanation that I have been banned from some fore, I simply have no respect for types like you, unfortunately it is the case that you have the power to throw me out even though I have not ofically violated the rules, but have only mentioned your total incompetence in this matter.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The topic of this tread has been beaten to death dozens of times over the years, and people get very tired of the same old misunderstandings and confusions again and again.
Maybe that is why they are easily irritated.

Example from your 1st post:

"measurements and theory that explain why copper and silver sound amazingly different in a transparent Hifi system" - most here will take exception to the statement that copper and silver sound amazingly different, yet you treat it as gospel.
Not logical, and it is downhill right from the start.

Jan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.