Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking most of your recent postings as examples of what you presumably think constitutes rational thinking, I thank you very much for the gratuitous insults in this post.

One might almost conclude you are a Sock Puppet artist, Mr. Krueger.
What other reason might you have to feel insulted by a post I adressed to Mr. Evenharmonics ?

Running a sock puppet is a valid reason for expulsion of this forum, btw.

(before I forget, did someone already mention to you that, on occasion, I've been called the polyglot of this here club ? It implies I speak a SL of languages and, more importantly, am Really Really good at reading. By the syllable count and combinations, one might say)

Last edited:
One might almost conclude you are a Sock Puppet artist, Mr Krueger.

The paranoia around here seems to be thick enough to cut with a knife...

Why other reason might you have to feel insulted by a post I adressed to Mr. Evenharmonics ?

Because it was nearly a 100% quote from me?

I guess you can't perceive such connections. Explains a lot!

Because it was nearly a 100% quote from me?

One is not allowed to quote to explain a rational reason for asking a rational question ?
Or is it not allowed to shorten the quote to the relevant bits, for the sake of transparency ?

For a 69 year old professional, you somewhat appear to be quite easily offended, Mr. Krueger.
Might I interest you in a summation of relevant posts you made, an analytical evaluation, and to conclude a psychological profile of your persona ?

One is not allowed to quote to explain a rational reason for asking a rational question ?

Was that what it was?

Or is it not allowed to shorten the quote to the relevant bits, for the sake of transparency ?

I'll argue that signficiant context was indeed lost.

For a 69 year old professional, you somewhat appear to be quite easily offended, Mr. Krueger.

Something about your track record for gratuitous insults...

Might I interest you in a summation of relevant posts you made, an analytical evaluation, and to conclude a psychological profile of your persona ?

If you can line up a licensed psychiatrist to do that, it would fine.

Other than that, a reasonable expectation would be that more would be learned from it about your problems, than mine.

BTW Scott, you never said what I did to incite you current behavior pattern towards me.

Pretty sure you revisionist history'd and wildly misrepresented him pretty hard in the Blowtorch thread. That was my take.

As someone who sits way, way, WAY on the rational side of things and may even agree with the gist of much of what you and Evenharmonics write, it'd be really appreciated if you two took the acrimony level down about 5-6 notches. (On a scale of 7 notches)

Pretty sure you revisionist history'd and wildly misrepresented him pretty hard in the Blowtorch thread. That was my take.

I don't know what you are talking about.

As someone who sits way, way, WAY on the rational side of things and may even agree with the gist of much of what you and Evenharmonics write, it'd be really appreciated if you two took the acrimony level down about 5-6 notches. (On a scale of 7 notches)

IOW you want us to volunteer to be sitting ducks for all the personal attacks we receive for your pleasure?

BTW Scott, you never said what I did to incite you current behavior pattern towards me.

You forget so easy, I simply asked that you might want to let up a little on the attacks. I've know some of these folks for a long time and consider, rational discussion even when I disagree in detail valuable i.e. I give some respect. This was returned by an attack. Don't worry I won't bother you anymore.

Ah for fas42.

(aka you display lack of rational thinking, and posted a 2nd offence of insinuation plus provocation.
If you are able to view the posts rationally, you would have noticed the hint of hypocrisy I showed you via quotes.

Just saying, as far as diyA members go, you have nothing to offer, though quite a few of your 1214 posts were highly amusing)
Something to offer or not depends on your approval? It should be dependent on what I approve, no? Having said that, "highly amusing" you is offering a lot. Just saying...

You forget so easy, I simply asked that you might want to let up a little on the attacks. I've know some of these folks for a long time and consider, rational discussion even when I disagree in detail valuable i.e. I give some respect. This was returned by an attack. Don't worry I won't bother you anymore.

IOW Scott you are co-dependent with these folks and you want me to support you in your situation.

Thanks for pointing out that I never actually did anything harmul to you - some around here think I did.

I sense a little peer pressure...

And also note that whoever I attacked, it was never mentioned. So Scott demanded that I change my behavior without actually telling me what that behavior was.

In essence, a vague veiled threat.

<aside>

It's a loose-loose situation folks, and I'm not caving in to such unfair expectations. Since Scott shows no sign of change of his expectations, and is being very irrational and unfair, no need for me to change anything.

Any post that cites an unidentified grab bag of hi fi reviewers as an authority has some pretty serious credibility problems in my view.

I couldn't agree more and only said it to open a discussion. To be honest I don't believe it. It's what they wanted to happen. Bob Carver won his clone any amp challenge. The whorld of hi fi world turned their backs on him for that. Bob was very open. He said he didn't doubt people had better ears than him and some amps did sound better. None the less he could clone them. He used a simple null technique. That's what I like to see. Propper science made easy.

The paranoia around here seems to be thick enough to cut with a knife...

That explains a lot....an' I thought that you had turned over a new leaf! :D

[What a ruination of my new year resolution:

'Out with pessimism, in with optimism'.]:mad:

Writing of NY resolutions I (seriously) suggest that we lay off of each other , and that includes "nit-picking" of every post, as it is all a total waste of time. Let this thread get back to being an exchange of information and views rather than being a battleground between those who will change neither their own views or the audio world itself.

arnyk (another smiley because my auto correct suggested 'arnica' as an alternative for that name...'arnica' being a possible remedy for 'bruising') - along with the guard dog can make life simpler by not nit-picking or twisting every comment possible. Those who object overmuch too often tend to be seen to have shallow conviction in that which they purport to believe. [I would still like to see a list of some of the records he has recorded listed.....but I am likely to be disappointed in that wish.]

The alternative is that the thread may well be closed down &/ the sin-bin filled to capacity.

I would like to thank Nigel (along with other habitués) who never cease to amaze me with the breath of their experience and knowledge coupled with a freshness of approach and willingness to share all to be envied. Lets leave it to them with apologies for the intrusion.

Those who want to differ can always start another thread - but I am confident that it would not last for long!;)

to do that

I'd be in violation of forum rules if I posted anything concerning your psyche.
You're quite welcome to PM me though.

As for sock puppets : one can change a name, but not behavior nor verbal blue-print. Think of a Texan posting Howdy Y'all on every occasion.

- You and Mr. Evenharmonics show no shared history.
- Yet he popped up to defend your honors, with no apparent reason.
- Both you and Mr. Evenharmonics display a complete blank profile, apart from a chosen alias.
- Which is what made me curious, reason for me to read all of Mr Evenharmonics' posts.

Whether you decide to haul your bottom and his out off this forum voluntarily, or not, is completely up to you.

(Just saying, this stuff is just fun for me. It definitely is not for you)

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more and only said it to open a discussion. To be honest I don't believe it. It's what they wanted to happen. Bob Carver won his clone any amp challenge. The whorld of hi fi world turned their backs on him for that. Bob was very open. He said he didn't doubt people had better ears than him and some amps did sound better. None the less he could clone them. He used a simple null technique. That's what I like to see. Propper science made easy.

Arnyk did mention an 'unidentified' grab bag........

In the distant past I 'had to do' with several of this breed. Some were almost altruistic in their belief that they were writing that which was for them a balanced, fair and to a point knowledgable report on whatever was the subject of that issues report. These people were above suspicion and we could accept or reject their views at will. They were totally professional and other than being guested to an odd meal never once were on the make.

However, sadly, there were exceptions to this the most notable of which, and I obviously have to be careful here, was anything but trustworthy; it was made clear to me that off the record personal payment in cash/kind would ensure a more favourable review. That was the sole example of such behaviour.

The bulk of a small sample were genuine - doing their best - loyal to sources and to employers. Some were very knowledgable, the other extreme being of the "I know what I like (and nothing else)" variety.

Such a bloody shame that some of the most knowledgeable and experienced audio stalwarts are spending their time here spouting sarcastic comments bordering on insults, finding fault with any word and letter, and generally avoid any sign of understanding anybody else.

What a waste of expertise, knowledge and bandwidth.
Not you Scott.

Jan
:cheers:
worse than in kindergarten, like ******* contest..:D
Ego forces are strong here

Status
Not open for further replies.