Sony XM-7547, no output, help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I went ahead and ordered the transformer.

I did unwind the broken transformer and it had apprx 20 just between the two outer pins so am assuming the outer pins have around 35 windings and the second pin 15 windings, but that's just my guess.

Now i wait for the new transformer to arrive.

Loss like I'm going to have to wind it up myself, the part is backorder and wool take two weeks before its even order...

One question Perry.... On the via holes (secondary windings) could i use 22g stranded wire...since it has to go from one end of the amp to the power supply board (where am winding). May i use spade connectors between the boards to separate the stranded wire to the magnet wire. Or is this not recommended??

For of the copper jumpers (6 of them total) broke (where the rail voltage and grounds go from the power supply board to the amplifier board), so i removed all of them and will use stranded wire,, with spade connectors (encase i have to separate the boards when removing from the chassis, its hard to remove both boards at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.