sony vpl-px30 picture problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picked up this projector free. It seems to work except it says replace lamp and
The picture has a large orange circle and blue background through which you can still see the image. Is this because the lamp needs replacing or is there a bigger problem any help would be greatfull?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is the projector's system producing the orange circle, or is something burned in to the image?

Go to Sony or projectorcentral.com and see if you can find a manual for this model. It might be just teling you to replace the bulb.

Also, can you reset to zero the lamp's hour clock? The image might go away long enough to determine that it's just an old bulb.

V~

The manual gives no clues to the problem .it says replace lamp now, zeroing the clock makes no difference not even for a few seconds I don’t think its burnt to the image as the problem seems to be the whole picture with the blue background thing Tried to post a picture of the problem (60kb) but it didn’t work (pictures has to be no bigger than 1000x1000 message) don’t know what I am doing wrong seems pretty straightforward

Attachments

• p1010035.jpg
    p1010035.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 98
That looks like something seriously wrong with the LCDs, or at least the filters. I can't think of any bulb failure that would cause that. It looks like someone ran the projector with the air intakes clogged or under a blanket...maybe even water damage?

LCD problem

You have burn the Blue LCD panel. All the panels are alike. They are all black and white panels. The color come from the dacroic (spelling may not be correct) mirrors and filters. The optic assy. will cost you over $2500. Not worth it. I have repaced the panela and realign them. It's a real pain. The best solution is to find a unit sith a bad power supply or something to get a new optic assy. PS.... I am always looking for these to repair and resell. If you wnat to sell it let me know. Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.