SOME PART QUESTIONS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE VALUE OF THE CAPS ON THE OLD FOSGATE X-OVER CARDS? IT IS SMALL AND DARK RED IN COLOR AND IT SAYS "473". I HAVE A SCHEMATIC BUT IT ONLY SHOWS AN ILLISTRATION OF THE CARD, NO VALUES OR PART NUMBERS.

ALSO WHAT POT SHOULD I BUY TO REPLACE A DAMAGED ONE ON A FOSGATE 160.4 (GRIND ON BLACK STYLE). IT'S THE GAIN POT AND ALSO COULD I GET A KNOB TO GO IN THEM. THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT SHAPES AND SIZES I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. IT HAS 3 LEGS, STANDS UPRIGHT AND SAYS "5K 824K".

THANKS FOR ANY ADVISE ON WHERE TO START!

Attachments

• FOSGATE X-OVER CARD.jpg
    FOSGATE X-OVER CARD.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 160.4 POT 2.jpg
    160.4 POT 2.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 160.4 POT 1.jpg
    160.4 POT 1.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 106
473 is a 0.047uF cap.

What's wrong with the potentiometer?

The pot may be a Piher PT6Kh-502 if it's 6mm in diameter. You may be able to get them from Pacparts.com. You'll have to call them. They probably won't use the part number I listed. Have the amp in front of you when you call them. They may need the model, the board number and the circuit board designation. If they're 10mm in diameter, mouser should have them.

SOMEONE HAS GOBBED A BUNCH OF SOLDER ALL OVER THE FRONT OF IT. AND THAT CHANNEL IS BLOWN. SO I FUGIURED THAT ALL THAT SOLDER MAY HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. I KEEP THESE OLD AMPS FOR MY OWN COLLECTION AND I WOULD LIKE FOR THEM TO BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND ALL THE SOLDER HAS MELTED THE FRONT OF THE POT AND HAS BLOCKED ACCESS TO THE SECOND POT.
THE O.D. OF THE POT IS 10.31MM.

i have on hand MPSW42, MPSA06, 2N3904 and, 2N5551. but all the specs seem quite different. i've read around but still am not quite sure what needs to be looked at when subing parts.

this file was too big to attach- www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/MP/MPSA06.pdf

Attachments

• MPSW42-D.PDF
    58.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2N3904.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 14
  • MM%2FMMBT5551.pdf
    171.6 KB · Views: 18
i have a fosgate series 1 4060x that i can't find some of the parts for.
both of these are fully insulated. RFP15N06 this one is used as an output in one of the channels. MPT50N05E this one is used in the power supply. MPT50N05E is what it says in the schematic but in the amp there is a 0N06 in its place.

There is likely a line of numbers above the 0N06 on the transistor's face.

You don't have to use fully encapsulated parts. You can use standard parts with insulators. I typically use the IRF540A for the outputs. In the power supply, you could use either an IRFIZ44 or an IRFIZ48 if you want fully encapsulated replacements.

cool. i already have the IRFIZ48G and the IRF540.
where could i buy the insulators? which would be better, the colored vinyl looking ones or the hard clear ones? what keyword should i search for? i remember seeing them on ebay but i can't remember what i searched for. i already have some of the dow corning paste.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.