Smoking. Do you smoke? Why and what do you smoke? Why not?

I grew up on the NW side of Chicago. In the late 70's pumped gas for a few years. Had many cops pass through that station in uniform and sometimes in plain clothes try to sell things from the trunk of their car and even caught a few stealing gas. Never had one try to sell me drugs though. Not that that ever happened but I just didn't pick up on them being cops if they were.

Yeah, they used to drive around with a lot of good stuff in their trunks. When I was a kid the cops had the best fireworks available. They used to just give them to us, right out of the trunk of their squad car.

I was confused about who the cops really were when I was a little kid. I thought of them as the biggest gangsters on the street. And when I got older I didn't think of them as public servants at all, because I could see them harassing, shaking down, and framing honest citizens while letting the crooks operate with impunity. They hounded me mercilessly until I reached that magic age of 30, when I became essentially invisible to them.

To this day, the Chicago Police are dealing with this disgraceful legacy.

I don't advocate drug use at all. I heartily discourage it.

But preaching about the evils of drug use is no help to an addict. And I think addicts should be helped if at all possible, and not vilified.
They have to want the help is the problem, growing up with many family and friends with some fairly serious addiction problems (by serious I mean most are dead) cigarettes, alcohol,coke,meth,heroin,pills……you name it.

Another problem is the manipulation these folks spew to further their cause (the need for more,more,more…..) and the further down the rabbit hole they go the worse it gets…….lies,deceptions, theft…. putting loved ones in danger…..

I’ve had to disown several people I loved dearly because of this, because buying into the BS is no good for them or you.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all. To me, one of life's great pleasures is sitting on my deck smoking one of a thousand choices of tobacco in my pipe while I have a whiskey and read this forum. There is something very civilized about that kind of relaxation after a long day. I can dream about what to build next. If the weather is good, I can build out there too. :)

Good weed and excellent whiskey is a nice combination.

Someone recently gave me some edibles. They look and taste exactly like Ruffles. The package looks like a small bag of chips. You could put this in a bowl of Ruffles at a party and nobody would know the difference. And you're only supposed to eat a couple of chips, but if you already have the munchies you could easily gobble down the whole bag (no I didn't). My concern is that a child would never know and probably scarf the whole bag down. Same with cookies and gummie bears. You have to keep this stuff well away from children.

I know what you mean.
I have smoked in periodes. And there is definitivly an itch.
But I now use snuff.

Here is a package of snuff in Sweden.

Attachments

• los-ettan-60.png
    los-ettan-60.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 22