Smoking. Do you smoke? Why and what do you smoke? Why not?

It's the nicotine and it doesnt matter how you inject it; smoke, vapor, or saliva. One of the most toxic substances. Unsurprising it kicks off a cancer, wherever it touches.

My colleagues father passed and he had to take some time off over it; had to clean out the house. Found a bottle of concentrated nicotine - with skulls and crossbones on the label - in the garage. (Apparently effective against insects as a diluted spray). Label clearly stated "Death will occur in 5 minutes if this product comes in skin contact".

He called the local state government hazardous waste agency. "My father passed, I'm cleaning out his house; what do I do with this?" Answer: "Just roll it up in some newspaper and put it out with the garbage". Dont ever touch what comes out of a garbage truck - who knows what could be in there.

Apparently, a small child may become ill after eating just one cigarette!

Attachments

• Concentrated Liquid Nicotine.jpg
    Concentrated Liquid Nicotine.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: 1 user
I tried the new legal pot after 30 years off but it is WAY too strong for me.
From what I've read the preferred injection method for that these days is like AI is now compared to 30 years ago. You dont even incinerate it anymore. You distill it using controlled temperature heated air; it gives off its gas and when it turns from green to brown, it's done and you just throw that part away. Consumption isnt even by "smoking" anymore; more akin to "vaping". For the curious, they say the heated air method doesnt work for tobacco -

Fast Eddie - Disco Pete asked you a question - you didn't answer him.
mountainman bob - spot on comment.

When I was living in Rotterdam I got blacklisted by construction companies in that city because I had chased a racist/fascist foreman through a ghetto (lots of ghettos in Rotterdam at that time, probably still are) I still smoked at that time and he didn't, so he got away. After that I had to do uitzendbureau work. A Scottish guy came to work at this particular place and one lunchtime he came over "I thought you were Dutch but your grammar isn't good" (quite true). He had learned Dutch listening to a teach yourself programme on radio Hilversum. He was about 27 and had come over with his very young wife (17) and their young baby.

The next Saturday I was going through the Saturday straatmarkt with my friend Jon, we were as close as real brothers and I saw this Scots guy with his attractive young wife and child and a Dutch guy that I thought was a junkie (they become very easy to spot). When he saw Jon he became nervous. Jon knew Rotterdam like I knew my home town, he was streetwise. He told me to warn the Scots guy that his friend was indeed a junkie. The next Monday I did just that. He had the same attitude as Fast Eddie, said he was a nice guy and had helped him and his wife a lot.

Just over a week later one of the young Brits said to me had I heard, this Scots guy had felt ill one day so went home early. As he opened the front door (they were actually living in the junkies home) the junkie jumped out of the bedroom window why - the young wife was lying naked on the junkies bed with a 'spike' (the junkies word for a hypodermic needle) sticking in her arm. He found another place to live but within a few days the junkie found out where and the young wife and baby ran away with him.

I had warned him that he should immediately leave for Scotland and far away from any junkies, preferably deep in the Highlands, nowadays junkies are everywhere - he hadn't listened. The junkie now had a fresh young woman to put to work as a prostitute, so he could lead an easy life with plenty of smack guaranteed. The baby would probably end up dead and the young woman well the junkie could earn more from her if he put her to work in sex clubs which catered for all kinds of perversions. In life when someone who knows what the craic is 'marks your card' you should listen. I think mountainman bob knows what I mean.

Most girls/women who become junkies do so via a male junkie.