Slot ported version of The Tango

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, it's going to be half........

Well yeah, but since that'd be the correct height according to the round port.. If I round over the inside's edges of the port and then put a roundover on the outside, wouldn't that be just the same as the round port?

If I have to start chopping up the length, I'd need to be linear. I can't do easy things. A 16th off of the back is a 16th of the surface area on the front extra, then?

tell me if I'm wrong, and explain.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting confused....rounding off the edges to increase the volume of the port so you don't have to do the length? You can't mean that? You still have to create the right volume. I'm misunderstanding you

nono, rounding off the edges to reduce small chuffing. Though, there's shouldn't be any chuffing as the volume of the port would be the same as the circle port right?

I can always use cheap chipboard to test right?

Last edited:
I think there would probably be no difference as you say, but I wouldn't like to stake my life on it! I'm hoping someone else might pipe(!) up and say if they've had any experience with what you are trying to do. It's just that the slot is going to be less than half an inch high....unless.....you shorten the length then you can make it larger....

I think there would probably be no difference as you say, but I wouldn't like to stake my life on it! I'm hoping someone else might pipe(!) up and say if they've had any experience with what you are trying to do. It's just that the slot is going to be less than half an inch high....unless.....you shorten the length then you can make it larger....

Would 3/4 of an inch be better? Could you help me calculate what the length should be?

And how I could calculate how much to add for the displacement of the port's wood. length and width of the back, and x is a missing parameter we calculate?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.