• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SlewMaster Project Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Development snapshot of a compact OPS

Here's a nifty little option to the bigger OPSs we have been concentrating on. It is a single pair of Lateral MOSFETs with an EF driver on a 3" x 4" board. it is a very stripped down implementation for lower power applications, say +/-50V max rails. Any interest? If there's interest I'll consider ordering some when the Spooky IPS is ready to order. Post your interest / thoughts on it please.

Attachments

• SlewMaster Mini Photoview.JPG
    SlewMaster Mini Photoview.JPG
    619.6 KB · Views: 412
  • SlewMaster Mini OPS.png
    SlewMaster Mini OPS.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
OK, points taken. I'm not sure I have the room for the bigger devices, at least not if they are to stay completely under the board. It would also be required to place gate protection diodes onto the layout. I'll play with it to see, but this might just remain a TO-3P / TO-247 layout. I keep forgetting about the ALFET / Exicon products since they are virtually non-existant in North America (certainly the case here in Canada).

Last edited:
Here's a nifty little option to the bigger OPSs we have been concentrating on. It is a single pair of Lateral MOSFETs with an EF driver on a 3" x 4" board. it is a very stripped down implementation for lower power applications, say +/-50V max rails. Any interest? If there's interest I'll consider ordering some when the Spooky IPS is ready to order. Post your interest / thoughts on it please.
Is it on your plan to share files from this board for home etching?
Best regards.

OK, points taken. I'm not sure I have the room for the bigger devices, at least not if they are to stay completely under the board. It would also be required to place gate protection diodes onto the layout. I'll play with it to see, but this might just remain a TO-3P / TO-247 layout. I keep forgetting about the ALFET / Exicon products since they are virtually non-existant in North America (certainly the case here in Canada).

As it's a "minor concern people" situation the To264 devices don't needs to be completly under pcb (if the whole can lay on a 100mm wide heatsink). As i watch you latest screen i think you more than enough space around may be you should displace a little Lat fet toward Driver section but not a lot and as i suggest lat run V+ and V- tracks before and not after the 2SK/2SJ Hole screw facing the middle line of the board.

Marc

If you're not going to try to fit on a 3" heatsink, why not just use the original layout? The whole reason Jason moved them under the board was for the narrow heatsink.

Because of heat transfer i like better to have more centered Output devices instead to have them more near to heatsink outline but that nothing more than details..

Marc

Put me down for eight (8) of these PCB's

Put me down for eight (8) of these PCB's. A set of these would make a great
home theater setup with maybe one of the 3 or 5 OPS to power the subwoofer.

I would also like eight (8) of the Spooky IPS PCB's as well. Great work.:D

And back on track...

As folks receive their packages I'd really appreciate the feedback that you got them safe and sound.

jwilhelm - 2x IPS (Wolverine), 2x 2P OPS - Delivered

scalpel - 2x IPS (Symasui), 2x 2P OPS - Shipped
xLoff - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Shipped
gwrskien - 4x IPS (Wolverine), 2x 2P OPS, 2x 5P OPS - Shipped
Idefixes - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x IPS (Wolverine), 2x 5P OPS - Shipped
Jim Hamley - 2x IPS Wolverine, 2x IPS (CFA-XH) - Shipped
mrsavage - 6x IPS (Wolverine) - Shipped
tjencks - 2x IPS (Symasui), 2x IPS (Wolverine) - Shipped
evanc - 2x IPS (Wolverine), 1x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Shipped

Bangla H - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x IPS (Symasui), 2x 2P OPS - Paid, ready to ship, PM Sent (and email)
quan - 2x IPS (Wolverine), 2x IPS (Spooky), 2x Mini OPS - Request Acknowledged and updated, PM sent ***Spooky IPS and Mini OPS are future releases not yet available***
arthur - 4x IPS (Wolverine) - Request Acknowledged, PM sent
buzzforb - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged, PM Sent
rohot01 - 2x IPS (Wolverine) - Request Acknowledged

As folks receive their packages I'd really appreciate the feedback that you got them safe and sound. Thanks Marc for getting back to me, delivery to France was reasonably fast.

Idefixes - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x IPS (Wolverine), 2x 5P OPS - Delivered

Jim Hamley - 2x IPS Wolverine, 2x IPS (CFA-XH) - Shipped
arthur - 4x IPS (Wolverine) - Shipped

Bangla H - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x IPS (Symasui), 2x 2P OPS - Paid, ready to ship, PM Sent (and email) requesting shipping address.
quan - 2x IPS (Wolverine), 2x IPS (Spooky), 2x Mini OPS - Request Acknowledged and updated, PM sent ***Spooky IPS and Mini OPS are future releases not yet available***
rohot01 - 2x IPS (Wolverine) - Request Acknowledged, PM Sent

OK, current status:

Jim Hamley - 2x IPS Wolverine, 2x IPS (CFA-XH) - Delivered

arthur - 4x IPS (Wolverine) - Shipped

Bangla H - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x IPS (Symasui), 2x 2P OPS - Paid, ready to ship, PM Sent (and email) requesting shipping address.

Pre-order list for Spooky IPS and Mini OPS:

quan - 2x IPS (Wolverine), 2x IPS (Spooky), 2x Mini OPS - Request Acknowledged
mrsavage - 8x IPS (Spooky), 8x Mini OPS - Request Acknowledged
gwrskien - 4x IPS (Spooky), 6x Mini OPS - Request Acknowledged

I've been working on Spooky and am finding it difficult since it is such a busy board (parts intensive). I will hopefully have something soon. The Mini OPS is basically set to go. I did decide to just go with accommodating the Renesas TO-3P devices, adding the required gate protection and trying to squeeze in the TO-264 package to accommodate the bigger MOSFETs was leading to too many layout compromises.

Spooky Leach

Finally making some real progress. No designators / values as yet but this should be close to a final layout. Time to mark everything up and start going bug-eyed checking it over...

DC servos are nice to use but a royal PITA to wrap the rest of a layout around.

Attachments

• SpookyPreview.JPG
    SpookyPreview.JPG
    640.8 KB · Views: 381
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.