Skin Effect in Wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have provided a theorem ( Ageyev's theorem) that states ..........
Of course, I googled Ageyev´s Theorem instantly.
Ageyev's theorem - Google Search
This is what mr google showed me.
Besides the first result which is yourself mentioniong and arguing about it in DIY Audio, hardly "proof" of what you are saying, it shows me:
First results :

250113._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

26940800._SX540_.jpg

* Emergence, spread, persistence and fade-out of sylvatic plague in Kazakhstan

* Novel with Cocaine
by M. Ageyev,
Michael Henry Heim (Translator)

* Vygotsky's Educational Theory in Cultural Context - E-Book ...
Toward Re-“socializing” Sociocultural Learning Theory. 411. Carolyn P. Panofsky. 20 Vygotsky in the Mirror of Cultural Interpretations. 432. Vladimir S. Ageyev.

* Data-Centric Business and Applications: ICT Systems-Theory, ...
Tamara Radivilova, ‎Dmytro Ageyev, ‎Natalia Kryvinska · 2020 · ‎Technology & Engineering

* Introducing students to geometric theorems: how the teacher ...
A. Kozulin, B. Gindis, V. S. Ageyev, & S. M. Miller (Eds.), Vygotsky's ...

* Transformation - A Fundamental Idea of Mathematics Education
B. Gindis, V. S. Ageyev & S. M. Miller (Eds.) Vygotsky's educational theory in cultural ...

* Full article: Proof and proving in the classroom: Dynamic ...
Edited by: Kozulin, A., Gindis, B., Ageyev, V.S. ...

and so on and on and on.

Even the CIA :eek: has something to say about Mr Ageyev but not even them (who know everybody´s dirty laundry) know about "Ageyev´s Theorem" , so it must be the World´s best guarded secret :cool:

Don´t believe me? ... here it is:

* Welcome to the CIA Web Site — Central Intelligence Agency › library › readingroom › docs
PDF
Calculations (based on Bachinskiy's theorem) also prove that low pressures promote ... In order to verify this theory ... Karasev, V.P., and P. Ya, Ageyev.

Personal suggestion: given the CIA interest and cocaine connections if I were you I wouldn´t mention this Ageyev guy too much.
Even less in a Public Forum :cool:

Attachments

• Ageyev CIA.jpg
    Ageyev CIA.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 162
If you mean by 'attack' ask questions, point out errors, and a bit of light ribbing when somebody digs themselves into a big hole (rather than putting the spade down) -yes, perhaps.

I don't see anything particularly offensive here though -clearly no malice is involved. A sense of palm-striking-forehead despair perhaps. ;) But so long as the knives are not being plunged into backs and there is some solid physics, no reason to slam the door just yet.

As an aside, the link actually reminded me of the old Lindsey-Geyer magnetic cables that made a bit of a stir in the '90s, in that it appears to fall into a few similar errors. Interesting how these things come around.

Surface charge accumulation (in common parlance: skin effect) is a consequence of the ionisation mechanism, that is, the spatial expansion associated with the excited atomic state where the ion core and electron are widely separated and distributed over a large orbital, allowing high polarizability, interactions over great distances and the development of large magnetic dipole moments. Surface charge density increases with the applied voltage. Surface potential varies with the concentration of the ions.

The grossly nonuniform and dispersive surface conductivity implies a high level of electric stress and distortion. Lower conductivity conveys lower surface charge accumulation and higher bandwidth due to the stronger resistive electric property. Surface charge accumulation exists in all conductors, more pronouncedly in ferromagnetic materials.

This should make sense even to contemporary university teachers.

Just because you don’t understand it, doesn’t mean it isn’t so.

“Dogs bark at what they don’t understand.” - Heraclitus

I dont understand this your wording mess of physics. I have 3 patents on electronics and my articles are here and there in internet. My Linkedin profile is here.
Instead, You are an anonimous unknown person.
In his day job at a major research lab, jneutron is co-author of at least 9 scientific/engineering/research papers.
I believe that he was responsible for installing 250,000 kilometers (or maybe miles) of wires and cables near super-conductor systems.

I must say, the wiki entry for skin effect has gotten much better over the years.

I remember when there was no diagram of toroidal currents..nor a rather good explanation..

I claim credit for that happening... despite no evidence to support that claim...:D

I need to look at Biwire...:confused:

Whoa. Biwire says nothing. Sheesh, Stone Age....

Jn

Last edited:
jneutron,
maybe I should apologize, actually, your posting has not been especially annoying.

The operation of the conductive layers is an exceedingly intricate affair, yet explored in great detail as a result of many lifetimes of meticulous research.

Classical Physics gives no insight. It`s like performing genetic manipulations using prehistoric stone tools.

The operation of the conductive layers is an exceedingly intricate affair, yet explored in great detail as a result of many lifetimes of meticulous research.
False.
This is well known and well explained in Wikipedia.
Classical Physics gives no insight. It`s like performing genetic manipulations using prehistoric stone tools.
False.
There is no need for false physics, new age non sense and the like.

jneutron,
not especially annoying just erroneous.
Invoking plasma physics for normal conductor effects... not relavent to the discussion.

The wiki explanation is rather good. Suprisingly so, I've not kept up.

..ps. I do not check Wikipedia to learn this stuff.., I check to see if it is accurate. It seems to be trending correctly. There is a ways to go.jn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.