SKA GB150D now public domain...

Terry, just for the record I wasn't having a go at Jim's (or you). I was just saying that I think the layout shouldn't be a problem...my only reason for mentioning it, nothing to do with copyright. I was basically commenting on Greg's comments over at the other forum about the 'foreign' layout, against my observations from my boards and the various photos of Jim's.

I'm not interested in the copyright avenue and don't really care - that's Greg's baby. I actually thought it was OK myself once it's in the public domain. But I don't know anything about that area of law.

It'll be really interesting to find out what's broken...

Cheers

Stuey

Got my first module fired up and tested! Worked beautifully and sound great but without the second one it is really hard to judge.

Here's a picture

2013-12-15%252018.38.36.jpg

I gave it 50mV accross the 0R15 source resistors

Ciao!
Do

Problem?

Now, what was the problem between builders, JIMS audio and Greg? Where there a solution to this everyone went happy with? I'm not sure I want to build something the inventor doesn't apply to. Anyway discretes was my youth and maybe I feel younger digging into it again ;-)

But it has to be blessed by Greg who initially gave it to us. I don't feel it's OK to just buy a PCB of his invention and go ahead - I rather pay him if he has boards to sell. The others are of course fine technically but I want whatever there is to gain out of this to go to the inventor. Then again I might have urges for the thickest tracks and so forth. Where do I start?

Regards

Perhaps I have been looking at this wrong, but it seemed the whole intent of this thread, "SKA GB150D now public domain... " was to explore builds "other than" with Greg's boards. If someone just wants to build the SKA using Greg's boards and parts, the very best thing to do would be to buy it all from him. That would be my suggestion.

Blessings, Terry

Perhaps I have been looking at this wrong, but it seemed the whole intent of this thread, "SKA GB150D now public domain... " was to explore builds "other than" with Greg's boards. If someone just wants to build the SKA using Greg's boards and parts, the very best thing to do would be to buy it all from him. That would be my suggestion.

Blessings, Terry

Now Terry, was that all there was to it? No hard feelings an so on? Anyone supports any breed and so forth? Peace, love and understanding...

Regards