SissySIT R.3

1644075232657.png

It sounds better than it looks!
Then I really must get on with the build.
I am currently enjoying my TA-5650 that I have rebuilt in parallel to the sissy, so it it delaying my drive to finish the build.

Did you have any issues setting R115? When measuring Ugs of M101/102 is it just a simple DMM measurement? I am still a little confused by the description as I am more of a pictures person…

J

Another very happy greedy boy!

I have set up the second channel of my SissySIT, which went swimmingly, and have been listening to music in stereo through some proper speakers, albeit a pair of old Mission floorstanders and via dubious temporary hookup wire/connections. I'm using my Noir headphone amp as a preamp as the source is currently just my smartphone (playing FLAC media files) - the 6dB gain of the Noir is just right. I can already hear how good this amplifier is!

RRIBEz1.jpg

The only minor issue is a tiny bit of transformer buzz that I'll need to check out, though it is inaudible unless you're within a metre of the amp.

All I need to do to finish the project is to fabricate front and rear panels and hook-up the socketry.

Thank you Mighty ZM.
Your metal and chassiswork is nothing short of insane!!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Zen Mod, is there any reason I can’t reverse the boards so that the wired connections are at the top edge, instead of the bottom?

The only issue I can think of is that the MOSFET is at the bottom in my configuration, and the heat be a problem as the board covers it. I have mounted boards and SITS, but wanted to check before reconstructing the chassis.