SissySIT P ..... or how I proved fact of making more Hats than Pa did

nope

La Zucca imagined with resistor (relays) binary matrix attenuator

2^6, 64 steps of ~1db

Iron Pumpkin is one and only; if someone needs both exquisite attenuator and different gain stage than it's already given with autoformer, then just use Iron Pumpkin as exquisite attenuator and whatever outbox gain stage is adequate

there is no easy way to physically combine Iron Turtle, necessary buffers , regs for them ( all that being Iron Pumpkin already) and additional gain stage ...... all of that in one box
understood

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Yet another to add on to my already long list of things to analyze, attempt to learn, and maybe even build. I'm trying to reverse the order now. I used to just build everything before even trying to understand. My reward for learning is the assembly ... and solder fumes. :rofl:

Still, too many ZM projects to come before. Have to get Singing Bush in the chassis, then the LuDEF is next ... and of course ... the Pumpkin. One reward for me being later with this project is by the time I am ready to build it, you'll have R.3 boards ready. :rofl: :D
I realized it's exact recipe for disaster ...... no, make it - DISASTER!

just imagine scenario of regular Greedy Boy being utterly confused with number of jumpers, parts not needing population for actual iteration of amp etc. ....... and each one pulling me to help with dilemma ( in best case) or help to put gray smoke back (much realistic scenario)
The Piñatas don't release candy when exploded!? :joker:

:cheers:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
..... by the time I am ready to build it, you'll have R.3 boards ready. :rofl: :D

luckily, did learn thing or two with SissySIT revisions, so now there is no need for revisions of succeeding ones

:)

now, just wishful thinking - why I didn't stumble on on SissySIT R.3 principle, from the start?

heck, even Pa did revisions of his products ..... can I hope to be smarter ?

:bawling:

default_Viannen_loungelizard.gif

Hi ZM,

I would like to try something with my current DAC. It has balanced output floating 2.7vdc above gnd. Say I want to feed it directly into the Sissysit (or XA252), balanced. Could I then jumper C103 so that both positive and negative signals DC are offset leaving no or very little DC offset at OS?

1694423393326.png

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I wouldn't do that

install decent caps or xformer at output of DAC; they're much lesser evil than taking any circuit out of optimal range of operation

I tested everything possible with any of my amps, but I never tested their power On/Off behavior with inputs moved to different voltage level

I mean, you can do/try that, but I can't promise anything